Takeoff Climb Issue

Mandretti

OK I'm back...trying this once again.. 

At V1 call out I pull back on the yoke and the ac begins to climb but it never achieves the full climb and shortly falls back to the tarmac. The ATS indicator is live.  The V speeds have disappeared, that may be normal.  The PERF pages are all completed as far as I know, and the flight surface configuration looks good for TO and CAS show TO config OK. The ac speed never goes much above V1.   I've attached a pic of the cockpit before initiating takeoff, and then a pic when I've crashed into the runway.  Also Gen 1 and Gen 2 switch CAS indicators change to off either during taxi or on the runway.  Not sure what that's about.  The GEN switches are on.  I do turn those back on before takeoff. 

I also am having an issue periodically when the ac is configured for TO, everything looks good, throttles forward, engines rev up, brakes off, and the ac will not move.  EDIT: looks like my rudder brake pedals were somehow perceived as depressed even though they were not.  Along these lines, my Honeycomb Alpha yoke is calibrated.  

811807753_X-PlaneScreenshot2023_01.19-11_50_52_53.png

1637007872_X-PlaneScreenshot2023_01.19-11_49.04_01.png

Edited by Mandretti

45 minutes ago, Mandretti said:

How do you check for ice contamination?   And with an OAT of 4 degrees C on the ground how would you get ice?   

Look at the wings and see if there's ice built up on them. Optionally, click the leading edge of the wing while outside to get an INFO message if there's ice found on the surface of the wing. 

4 degrees C could mean ice if It was colder overnight and frost formed or cold fuel inside the wings cools the surface of the wing and it's humid enough for frost to form. Of course, if there's any precipitation like freezing rain or snow it'll need to be cleared off as well. 

I do not see ice.  There's no precipitation anywhere, the temp has been between 4-9 degrees. and its the afternoon.   I cannot see any ice on the wings.  And if I click the leading edge, I do not see a message on CAS, if that's where it's supposed to be.  So you see any ice?  Would ice account for the speed staying around 135 even with full throttle. 

I changed the XP weather to 15 degrees, no precipitation, still have the problem.  

5569877_X-PlaneScreenshot2023_01.19-13_11_46_53.png

Edited by Mandretti

Ok - you are right.  When I crashed the last time XP gave me a message that the aircraft was carrying ice at time of impact.  When I look more closely at flight surfaces I do see ice now. And when I de-iced I was able to take off normally. 

Actually never seen ice before - now I know!

Edited by Mandretti

On 1/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, Mandretti said:

At V1 call out I pull back on the yoke

V1 is the airspeed where you have to commit to the take-off. You can't stop within the length of runway remaining. Do not rotate!

VR is the airspeed where the aircraft is capable of flying. It's higher than V1, start your rotation here.

V2 is the safe climb out airspeed on one engine.

If you try to rotate at V1 you won't have enough airspeed for a take-off.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jbee1a said:

V1 is the airspeed where you have to commit to the take-off. You can't stop within the length of runway remaining. Do not rotate!

VR is the airspeed where the aircraft is capable of flying. It's higher than V1, start your rotation here.

V2 is the safe climb out airspeed on one engine.

If you try to rotate at V1 you won't have enough airspeed for a take-off.

That wasn't the issue.  In fact I never figured out what was going on and haven't had the problem for a while.  I suspect it had something to do the the A/T.  And in this AC the difference between V1 and Vr is very small in my experience and by the time you actually get some lift from pulling on the yoke, you're well past Vr even if you start at V1. 

On 1/19/2023 at 5:07 PM, rjb4000 said:

Great! And just to close the loop on your question, the INFO message about ice on the wings will appear at the top of your screen in the sim, as long as your CL650 settings are configured to show INFO messages. 

Thank you!  

Edited by Mandretti