SR22 Entegra Windshield Icing

divinglyc

Hi! I recently purchased this fantastic aircraft and have enjoyed flying it.

However, I noticed that the icing of the windshield cannot be removed with the heater turned on?

Have I missed something? Or this is what happens in real life?

Thanks a lot!

ps. I found a post about a year ago talking about the same thing. Just wonder is it still the same with the current version? 

SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90 - 2022-12-15 22.29.23.jpg

SR22TN_AVIDYNE_DFC90 - 2022-12-15 22.29.18.jpg

8 hours ago, daemotron said:

It takes a while to get rid of ice on the windscreen if it has already built up. I once ended up with an iced-up windscreen (forgot to take appropriate preventive measures), and it took like 20 minutes or maybe even a bit longer to get rid of the ice.

Thanks! So it eventually will go away? Last time I ended up crashing beside the runway.. 

My setting for the bleed air is correct, right? (in the picture)  

If you notice ice is building up on the windscreen, it's high time to turn on the TKS system and escape from the icing conditions. Pretty sure then ice is also building up on your airfoils and the propeller, which is what will ultimately lead to a crash. The TKS system isn't designed to fly continuously in icing conditions, it's merely a tool to help you escape from those without falling out of the sky.

So when it happened to me, I set up both, the air conditioning and the TKS system to get rid of the ice. If one of them alone would have cleared the windshield, I do not know.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, daemotron said:

If you notice ice is building up on the windscreen, it's high time to turn on the TKS system and escape from the icing conditions. Pretty sure then ice is also building up on your airfoils and the propeller, which is what will ultimately lead to a crash. The TKS system isn't designed to fly continuously in icing conditions, it's merely a tool to help you escape from those without falling out of the sky.

So when it happened to me, I set up both, the air conditioning and the TKS system to get rid of the ice. If one of them alone would have cleared the windshield, I do not know.

Thanks a lot for your reply!! :)