G5 plug-in holding up simulation loop

paamx2

Hi all,

I've been using the g5 plugin in various planes without any issues for about a year now in a mid-spec gaming laptop running x-plane 11. I recently upgraded to a gaming computer and the g5 plug-in is putting a massive load in the flight loop execution. I'm dropping about 30~50 fps when the plugin is on, and lots of stuttering in the flight loop execution too. I'm getting the same effect in all the planes I instal the plugin to, but this is only happening in the new computer. I tried re-installing windows, x-plane 11, and the g5 plugin all from scratch. Nothing has made any difference. Has anybody experienced this or have any clue as to what may be causing it. I have attached screenshots and log files.

VSL Aeroprakt A22-LS - 2022-12-09 11.30.20 PM.png

VSL Aeroprakt A22-LS - 2022-12-09 11.30.46 PM.png

Log.txt System Summary.txt

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm experiencing a 45 FPS loss and a LOT of stuttering ONLY when I turn the lower HSI on, and it's especially noticeable while in VR. If I only have the upper PFD on, everything is silky smooth. I'm using the Cessna 172 that comes with it with no other plugins. My system specs: i913900k, 4090, 32 GB. I have extremely good performance otherwise (230 FPS with C172 G5 outside of VR and 90 FPS in HP Reverb G2). Oddly enough, even though my FPS is extremely high, the HSI still causes significant stutters. Is a solution in the works? Thank you

Edited by RetiredBoom