Pretty huge FPS drop during engine startup while looking at the engines from cockpit view

Leviathan

Hello Tkyler, 

First, obviously loving the plane and super excited for the v12 version.

One thing I'm having issues with is during engine startup - say, from the moment the starter button light turns yellow and covering the next ~2 minutes - I get absolutely massive framerate drops if I look at the engine that's starting up from the cockpit. I'll go from 55fps (locked at 55) down to less than 20fps. I've tried this at multiple airports to confirm it isn't a scenery issue. After the engines stabilise looking at them from the cockpit no longer detrimentally affects the framerate at all. I have noticed this throughout the various betas and RCs; I have not tried it in XP11 as I don't have it installed anymore.

I'm on a 12700F and a 308012GB with 32GB RAM if that's relevant; I'm at 4k with these graphics settings: nomufsg6ne5a1.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Just thought I'd throw it out there because I can't help but watch the engines spool up lol. 

Thanks again for the great plane. 

Edited by Leviathan

Thx for the report.  Can't say I've noticed it, but then again, haven't been looking for it.  I've noted it for examination.  This may be a Laminar issue...as they are fiddling with the rendering settings quite a bit and camera views involving the prop have, in the past, presented some challenges.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1