The Ither PC12 on a Mac

diamonddriller

On an Intel iMac.

For some reason the author of the mod says no Mac or Linux.  Looking at the file structure, I was not sure why, so I duplicated the Pilatus, installed the mod and then used the G500 installer.  I loaded the plane, and the G500 looks fine on the panel, but the PC12 asks for activation.  Seeing that there is a change in SASL, I  suppose I should not be surprised, and the plugin changelog.txt talks about activation.

So: (1) Why does the author say no to Macs?  (2) How would my registration string work on the plane, which is no longer Carenado's coding?  I don't want to waste an activation.

I should ask "Ither", but as you wrote the G500 program, I think you may well know the answers, as you have obviously looked at the mod.

14 hours ago, diamonddriller said:

So: (1) Why does the author say no to Macs?  (2) How would my registration string work on the plane, which is no longer Carenado's coding?  I don't want to waste an activation.

I don't really follow the questions here, but I'll answer anyhow...

1. I assume you're asking why the PC 12 developer says no to Macs? Only they would know the answer to that.

2. We do not use SASL in our products. I don't follow what you mean by this not being Carenado's coding. The Carenado product and the G500 are both separate plugins entirely.

Thanks Cameron.  I did (see my last sentence) say that Ither would know, but I expected Coop to have an idea, as he presumably has tried this out.

As for SASL, I know you use Gizmo and not SASL, but Ither seems to have changed SASL, which probably prompted the reactivation message.  I wondered whether Coop had tried to see what would happen if or when he tried to reactivate Carenado's product.  

Coop may see this, but I will also post this in the appropriate .org forum - but Ither has not contributed to that for a long time, so he may not even look at it..... 

It's not that important.  I was only mucking about, as I'm quite happy with the G500 in the X-Aviation planes where it does work!  :)

Edited by diamonddriller
extra sentence

• 2 weeks later...

I got the  G500 installed into the PC12, as per Ither's work.   However, although I can start the engine up, no electrical systems are visibly working, except the G500 and Garmin screens.  I've flicked all the switches every way, to no avail.  I posted this problem in Ither's thread, but he has not come back on it this time.  If Coop or Cameron see this, do they (or anyone) have any ideas?

Carenado's plane is activated.

As a reminder, this is on an Intel iMac, under Monterey.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.00.47 PM.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.01.59 PM.jpeg

Edited by diamonddriller
extra sentence