How to install Python 2.6.7

Simmo W

Python 2.6 is now in security-fix-only mode; no new features are being added, and no new bug fix releases are planned. We intend to provide source-only security fixes for the Python 2.6 series until October 2013 (five years after the 2.6 final release). For ongoing maintenance releases, please see the Python 2.7

Translation: Don't bother. Just move to 2.7.

1. I believe that blender comes with its own build of python to run on.

2. I alos believe that blender 2.5 and up uses python 3 not 2.

Just my 2 cents.

Tx Kieran, my blender 2.58 is semi working, that install was pretty easy as u say. Still can't see the object in overlay editor after exporting, so am investigating 2.49 as a bakup. I

Did you use export script 3.20 with your 2.58?

When you exported your mesh, did it say "100% done"?

When you open the exported obj file with an editor, does the file structure look OK? From my point of view it is important to have an understanding of the obj8 format as you can check for errors or strange stuff directly in the "code". After all, the obj file is just a text file.

Did you use export script 3.20 with your 2.58?

When you exported your mesh, did it say "100% done"?

When you open the exported obj file with an editor, does the file structure look OK? From my point of view it is important to have an understanding of the obj8 format as you can check for errors or strange stuff directly in the "code". After all, the obj file is just a text file.

Good q's Pete. Yes, using 3.20 with b2.58. Took a bit of setting up but yes, mesh exported 100%, yay. Even the .obj looked neat, but so far I've only quadruple checked the .png name and dimensions, a lazy 2048 sq. Coordinates look ok. Tx for the suggestion, I'll go thru the definition carefully. I've sent the obj to an expert :-). But this might need more- i may have to send to Dan and his crew who made the plugin in the first place.

I am worried that it may be a sketchup import issue- the mesh is a dog's breakfast in Blender, but everything is working 'fine' in blender