Looping sound

piperpilot99

I've just installed XPlane on a new MacBook pro.

The cockpit sounds start to loop after a while. For instance, an FMS click repeats rapidly after only one press. This then joined by other cockpit sounds (eg flap/ spoiler etc) which all start to loop and build up on top of the first sound. After a minute or so, the aircraft becomes unflyable because of the noise.

Log attached. Any suggestions, please? 

Log_2.txt

20 hours ago, piperpilot99 said:

I've just installed XPlane on a new MacBook pro.

The cockpit sounds start to loop after a while. For instance, an FMS click repeats rapidly after only one press. This then joined by other cockpit sounds (eg flap/ spoiler etc) which all start to loop and build up on top of the first sound. After a minute or so, the aircraft becomes unflyable because of the noise.

Log attached. Any suggestions, please? 

Log_2.txt 180.22 kB · 1 download

Just adding on to this. There's a considerable delay between the sound switching after a view has changed. I don't know if this helps diagnose what the problem might be?

There’s a possible explanation; if the audio device is muted, or sounds in X-Plane aren’t enabled, or the master volume slider is at zero, when the aircraft is loaded then the sound engine can freak out.

Otherwise we have had no other reports of issues on Apple Silicon Macs.

Edited by Pils

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 3:15 AM, Pils said:

There’s a possible explanation; if the audio device is muted, or sounds in X-Plane aren’t enabled, or the master volume slider is at zero, when the aircraft is loaded then the sound engine can freak out.

Otherwise we have had no other reports of issues on Apple Silicon Macs.

I've tried this in numerous configurations and the problem is still there. Is there anything in the log file from the most recent session that is useful to solve this problem?

Log.txt

3 hours ago, piperpilot99 said:

I've tried this in numerous configurations and the problem is still there. Is there anything in the log file from the most recent session that is useful to solve this problem?

Log.txt 255.85 kB · 1 download

Not to me but I’ll pass it on to the developer. Can you try removing all third party plugins except Gizmo64, and also your external monitors, please?

• 2 months later...

Oh God, I thought I was the only one having this issue. It's absolutely terrible and makes the airplane unflyable for me... I've been flying on the Apple Silicon Mac for 6 months with no other issues, got the Challenger this morning, and it's absolutely impossible to have audio enabled. Not only does buttons loop like has been mentioned, so does voices such as the FBO lady, the ground crew, FO, you name it. I had "FBI OPEN UP" shouted at me for FIFTEEN MINUTES On the ground trying to figure things out.

Sound is also extremely delayed after switching views. We're talking multiple minutes from when I press a button until I hear the sound. Perfect example is the FO calling "positive rate" when I was 5 miles from the field, level at 2500 ft... And then him looping saying the same thing for another 2-3 minutes.

On 11/27/2022 at 5:39 PM, kmoberg said:

Oh God, I thought I was the only one having this issue. It's absolutely terrible and makes the airplane unflyable for me... I've been flying on the Apple Silicon Mac for 6 months with no other issues, got the Challenger this morning, and it's absolutely impossible to have audio enabled. Not only does buttons loop like has been mentioned, so does voices such as the FBO lady, the ground crew, FO, you name it. I had "FBI OPEN UP" shouted at me for FIFTEEN MINUTES On the ground trying to figure things out.

Sound is also extremely delayed after switching views. We're talking multiple minutes from when I press a button until I hear the sound. Perfect example is the FO calling "positive rate" when I was 5 miles from the field, level at 2500 ft... And then him looping saying the same thing for another 2-3 minutes.

Can you provide a Log.txt please?