ATS Fail and N1 TGT

4A4847

During the "In-Range" checklist, I get an ATS Fail alert during the "APU / PACKS TRANSITION" line of the checklist (I'm using the automatic copilot to help with some of the checklist).

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do differently in order to prevent an ATS failure from occurring. I've seen a N1 TGT in the Thrust Limit menu, but that doesn't seem to work (unless maybe I'm setting an invalid target).

Any input would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, Pils said:

What are you setting? And are you activating/selecting it afterwards?

I haven’t flown in a few days, but last I recall, I set the value in the N1 TGT field of the FMC to a value less than all values shown on the left side (maybe around 90.0). I had the 10th stage bleed selected also. Maybe I’m not activating it correctly/at all… 

What should I be doing?

Edited by 4A4847

53 minutes ago, 4A4847 said:

I haven’t flown in a few days, but last I recall, I set the value in the N1 TGT field of the FMC to a value less than all values shown on the left side (maybe around 90.0). I had the 10th stage bleed selected also. Maybe I’m not activating it correctly/at all… 

What should I be doing?

Punching in 90-91% is fine. The “trick” is you have to then press the same line select key to activate it (goes magenta). Try it out next time.

• Like 1