Toe brakes stop working randomly

lrargerich

I'm having a very weird problem with my SR22 Entegra where my toe brakes stop to work.

If I assign both pedals to toe brakes left and right no pedal works and I can't brake.

If I assign one pedal to a custom command like "hold brake left" and the other to the toe brake axis right then they work, of course the left pedal is just on/off and the right one is a continuous axis. 

Then after assigning the left brake to hold brake left I can assign the left pedal again to the left toe brake axis and now both pedals work with their respective axis as they should. But as soon as I engage and disengage the parking brake the problem arises again and the pedals stop working.

I have no idea what causes the pedals to stop responding...

Edited by lrargerich

• lrargerich changed the title to Toe brakes stop working randomly
2 hours ago, Coop said:

What hardware are you using? The brake-control interface should all be handled by X-Plane so this sounds like something might have corrupted in the X-Plane preferences, or some interference with the hardware.

I'm using regular Saitek pedals, they work fine with all other planes. I'll try to make a video if this happens again because I realize there's not much you can do with just a description. I was hoping there was something that might come to your mind.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the proflight pedals.  I have the toe brakes set to “Right Toe Brake and Left Toe Brake.”  Both Pedals to “Yaw.”

Parking brake to “Toggle brakes max effort.”

It sounds like you have very similar settings.  I have not experienced the issue you are having with these settings.

R