How to use custom sounds ?

Hueyman

Hello, I often fly this wonder, but the sounds are a bit boring and too much linear, it seems it's the same as the default piston engine sound in X-Plane.

I would change them with other, for my personnal use, I tried with the Baron 58 sound, which are great quality sounds.

But anything I do, I've always the defaults sounds, even with creating a " sound " folder in the ACF main folder. Maybe something to tweak in PM ?

Thanks a lot !

Before I make suggestions on how to fix your problem, I have to tell you that we cannot offer support if anything goes wrong with copying, replacing or deleting any files or folders with any of our aircraft.

Before doing ANYTHING with the folder itself, make sure you back it up first.

The Duchess uses default x plane engine sounds. No custom sounds were made.

First of all, you have to add a new folder to the root aircraft folder titled "sounds".

In there, you need to copy and paste the sounds you want.

X Plane will read the sounds in the aircraft folder first. If the sounds are missing or misspelt, it will then read the sounds from the default sounds folder.

Hope this helps.

Also remember James when doing this make sure you correctly label the subfolders under the sounds folder example would be alert, engine, weather, systems etc.

Also make sure the files are in wav format. If they are Mp3, aiff, or anything else, x-plane will not play them due to the format. Hope that helps. I actually have custom sounds in the duchess and if works like any other.

JB

Yes, but it's only can work, because I've taken those sound from a already great working ACF? the Beech Baron 58..

I changed the sounds of the B-17 and it's awesome, tweaking the parameter in plane maker about " at which speed the sounds were recorded " to match about the real sounds, If you're interested Arno, I could let you hear them.

Hi James,

You can use 32 or 44.1KHz or other sampling rate WAV mono or stereo sound files. Please forget about the 8 bit ancient format.

Post your ACF name and name of the engine sounds components please... I think the naming is wrong.

You can post on the new Sound Development forum

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php/forum/129-sound-development/

regards

arti