Ovation ll + G5 v2

Ernest

I used the G5 v1.0 with the ovation ll ever since they came out, but can no get G5 v 2 to work. Udated license and gizmo. The panels for G5 install but do not turn on and cannot get rid of the BIG ORANGR bags in front of my face. I need the correct config file  and instructions.  Tried support for M20 planes, no help just refered here. guess they don't know how to make it work in there own plan.

Thanks for any help. Really liked the G5 in ovation ll . That and GTN750 make nice upgrade.

Ernest

You appear to be on an old version of the M20 PB that no longer activates. You can re-run the installer from X-Aviation to install the latest version of the M20 Collection.

Once installed, since the latest G5 versions now have the g5.cfg file live in the aircraft's folder themselves, not nested inside the aircraft/plugins/g5/settings, you can place the attached g5.cfg file in C:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/M20 Collection/M20R Ovation II G5/

g5.cfg

I down loaded the M20 4.0 PB5 and G5 2.0 and installed them as per your instructions. Made a copy of Ovation II and renamed it Ovation II G5,then replaced the G5 file with the one you sent me.

This does not install the G5. I tried installing the patch as in the original (Archived) instructions, which put the G5 in the panel,but it does not turn on with the other avionics.

What are the exact steps to make the ovation II into the G5 version?

Thank you,

Ernest

With the latest G5 installed, and the latest M20 installed, do the copy and install the patch files to make the Ovation II G5. 

Then, run the G5 Aircraft installer on the Ovation II G5 folder to add the G5 plugin. Then add g5.cfg that I attached above into the Ovation II G5 folder. 

If that doesn't work, send over the log.txt and I'll take a look.