IXEG cockpit Engine/Electric noise disapears after switch to VR mode

cpuwolf

after switching to VR(HP reverb G1 is based on steamVR), it is not completely no sound, if I engadge reverse thrust, I can hear engine noise.

But in all, it is a quite cockpit. I tried restart XP serveral times, it is the same right after switching to VR, before VR, all sound working fine. 

And once swithed to VR, then disabled VR, IXEG keeps silence and on

Edited by cpuwolf

• cpuwolf changed the title to IXEG cockpit Engine/Electric noise disapears after switch to VR mode
3 hours ago, cpuwolf said:

after switching to VR(HP reverb G1 is based on steamVR), it is not completely no sound, if I engadge reverse thrust, I can hear engine noise.

But in all, it is a quite cockpit. I tried restart XP serveral times, it is the same right after switching to VR, before VR, all sound working fine. 

And once swithed to VR, then disabled VR, IXEG keeps silence and on

Gizmo, the plugin that runs the IXEG scripts, starts its sound system very early on in the x-plane life cycle.

This is likely the root cause of the problems that come up when switching audio output devices. (It happens with bluetooth headsets and xbox controller audio too...)

The future updates for IXEG are going to port the sounds to FMOD which is provided by X-Plane and should be far more capable when it comes to output device selection.

Because of this planned port the audio code of Gizmo is not a very high priority for upgrades but I might be able to work something in, in the near future, that might help.

The only hint I can give you is to try and set the windows audio output to your reverb headset _before_ starting x-plane.

That should let Gizmo attach to it as the audio output device.

Thanks for your report. Sorry I can't give you a better solution.

Confirmed, this work-around works. and it is too loud:D in VR mode in my first try. 

By switching audio to HP reverb before XP starts, then enable VR in XP, the audio remains loudly

I shared my sound levels comfort for my ears

1899944019_B733-2022-03-0907_11_40.gif.fba20e970e9d3bdd0fdd1eaee8daa77d.gif

Edited by cpuwolf