Installation Failure On Mac X-Plane.org Installer

aerot

I just bought the new CRJ200 off of x-plane.org and unzipped the file which brings me to the CRJ-200-MAC folder.

Once inside the CRJ-200-MAC folder I click on the CRJ-200.PKG.

It brings up the install and I follow it by selecting the XPLANE9 folder.

I hit continue...

It says writing files, install time remaining about a minute, and then the installation has failed.

Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I'm using MAC OSX LION and X Plane 9. I don't know why the install is failing as I'm following the steps perfectly in the install guide. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Hi, Aerot,

First off, thanks for specifying right off the bat where you purchased from, and welcome to the X-Pilot community! Hopefully we'll see more of you here in the future! :)

With regards to your support...

As Kaphias has shown, traditionally we only give support to the X-Aviation sold version of the CRJ in this specific part of the forums. The primary reason for this is due to the fact that the installer platforms for the CRJ sold on X-Plane.org vs. the one sold on X-Aviation.com are drastically different and I'm not familiarized with the actual installer the X-Plane.org store sells.

I would love to help you more here, and certainly would if I were more in tune to know what was up, but I do not wish to point you in a bad direction. I do know that Javier and Philipp are here to support as well, and Philipp IS the developer of the installer for X-Plane.org, so perhaps he can help on this one. I will flag this topic for him!

Thanks for taking the time to register and visit us in the first place!

Best,

Cameron

Thanks Cameron for clarification.

aerot, I'm taking care of you case and posted the answer over at X-Plane.org: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=53456

If you haven't already, create an account there.

In order to keep the .org and X-Aviation discussions separated, I'm closing this thread.

Regards,

Philipp