DATAREFS AVAILABLE?

JJM

Anyone know a good way to get a list of all the CL650 datarefs, Is there a downloadable file available? I would like to try editing the checklist XML file and have the FO complete most of the preflight checks on his own. I suppose I should also ask if this is allowed by Hot Start? I would not share the file unless that's also okay with Toto.

Thanks

Yes, it’s allowed, but you may find the datarefs limited (all the systems are custom and don’t require datarefs to interact, after all). Do you have DataRefTool? It’ll save all the datarefs it discovers to a txt file. There’s no official catalogue, we are waiting for that.

4 hours ago, Pils said:

Yes, it’s allowed, but you may find the datarefs limited (all the systems are custom and don’t require datarefs to interact, after all). Do you have DataRefTool? It’ll save all the datarefs it discovers to a txt file. There’s no official catalogue, we are waiting for that.

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for the catalogue I think. My thought behind this is to allow me to do other things while the FO handles everything else. I LOVE what the FO does during taxi, before takeoff, after takeoff, etc. and I want to expand on that. Does this make sense to you? What is the dataref tool you mentioned, please.

9 hours ago, Pils said:

That may be difficult, as far as I understand the actions the F/O can take are hardcoded, you can’t “build your own” via the XML. You may need to look at XFirstOfficer addon.

https://github.com/leecbaker/datareftool/

Thanks for the link, that's the tool I thought you referring to. As far as modifying the XML file goes, I saw something called an "auto action" that had what looked like a dataref attached to it. I thought it would be as easy as adding my own, but I am NOT skilled at this at all, so I'm probably wrong.

6 hours ago, JJM said:

Thanks for the link, that's the tool I thought you referring to. As far as modifying the XML file goes, I saw something called an "auto action" that had what looked like a dataref attached to it. I thought it would be as easy as adding my own, but I am NOT skilled at this at all, so I'm probably wrong.

I’ll have to double check but that may only be for the trigger, not the action. If you just want to change those it should work.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I am trying to build a partial cockpit for the CL650, and the first part I am working on is the FCP, but I can’t find some DataRef, especially those for CRS1 and CRS2.

I tried to use DataRefTool but it makes X-Plane to crash when loading the airplane.

So, I would be grateful if one of you could help me with this ;)

Edit: I use Mobiflight

Edited by fcAero38

As DataRefTool doesn’t work, I tried DataRefEditor and I found commands that are CL650/FCP/crs1 and CL650/FCL/crs2. But I don’t know how to use them with Mobiflight, for other encoders (VS, Speed, HDG, Alt) I use Laminar Generic Autopilot Presets with success.

3 minutes ago, fcAero38 said:

Thank you for your help,

Unfortunately I have already tried to insert as shown the command I found but it doesn’t work. There is probably only one little thing missing…

Well, I don't how where you got the commands from, but DataRefEditor doesn't list them, only DataRefs as the name suggests.

I checked my records and the commands are:

1. CL650/FCP/crs1_up
  2. CL650/FCP/crs1_down
  3. CL650/FCP/crs2_up
  4. CL650/FCP/crs2_down

Or the defaults should work:

1. sim/radios/obs1_up
  2. sim/radios/obs1_down
  3. sim/radios/obs2_up
  4. sim/radios/obs2_down

Thank you very much Pils!

I have just tried and both CL650 specifics and default Sim work.

Meanwhile I found that the following commands work also:

• sim/GPS/g1000n1_crs_up
  • sim/GPS/g1000n1_crs_down
  • sim/GPS/g1000n2_crs_up
  • sim/GPS/g1000n2_crs_down

I am a total newbie with all of this and I try to read a lot to understand, but without some help it is very difficult and time consuming.
For instance I didn’t know the difference between DataRef and Command, now it is a bit clearer. So thanks again!

• Like 1