G500 have I found a software bug?? G500 does not returned to its learned pop out position.

P Dobson

I have 3 screens, for X-Plane one above and then two set out side by side below. I put scenery on the top screen, G500 on the lower Left screen and GNS530 on the lower right screen.

I set up the G500 to be a pop up window occupying the whole of the left lower screen. I have used the Right mouse button in the top Right hand side of the G500 display where it shows two interlinked squares in the belief that this would cause the software to remember the display position of the G500. On closing down X-Plane and restarting again the G500 pops up half way across the lower right hand screen with more than half of the G500 off the right hand side of the lower right display.

How do i get the G500 to return to the Left hand screen other than right hand mouse on the two interlinked squares?? I can drag the G500 across the displays which then works fine for that session of X-plane, but again on shut down and restart next time the G500 is back half off the right hand screen.

What information can I send you to help track down what is going on??

BR Pete D.

So why did the software developer decide to do it that way?? Most other add on software packages allow you to save the screen postion. It seems a bit short sighted to me.

THere is nothing in the G500 manual about needing extra hardware to make certain features work. I would say that was a bit missleading.

Very dissapointing.

I am sorry you find it misleading. As RealSimGear is the developer of the product that also makes the hardware, it makes sense to me.

I don't know about limitations. All I know is they create software on the other side for their hardware that allows for placement saving. From what I recall, X-Plane itself does not have a default behavior to save third party plugin panel positions, and will reset them in this manner.