CL650/FCP/ap_eng and GoFlight MCP Pro

richjb

I have had excellent luck...more so than any other addon, with getting my GoFlight MCP Pro to work using the PolyPot GoFlight Interface Tool (GIT) to work with CL650.  In fact, I get everything to work through GIT except for the AP engage switch using the dataref CL650/FCP/ap_eng.   

When I assign a key to this reference through the X-Plane Key assignment, it works.  When I try to assign it to a GoFlight MCP button using the GIT, it doesn't work. If there is anything unique about this dataref, please let me know.  Is the refer you should select assign a joystick button to toggle the AP ENG switch on and off? 

Thanks!

Rich Boll

Wichita, KS

On 2/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, richjb said:

Ok...my bad.  Yes, the command CL650/FCP/ap_eng.  As it shows in GIT interface tool.  I'm still new to X Plane.

Thanks

Rich

That should work fine. It behaves no differently than any other button/command. I’m not familiar with the GIT software unfortunately. Maybe you can post some screenshots?

On 2/4/2022 at 12:31 AM, Pils said:

That should work fine. It behaves no differently than any other button/command. I’m not familiar with the GIT software unfortunately. Maybe you can post some screenshots?

Hi Pils,

Below are two screenshots from the GoFlight Interface Tool from PolyPot Software.  The program can read the various joystick and keyboard assignments from X-Plane.  With the extensive work that HotStart did with the CL650, I was able to program every FCP function and map it work on the GoFlight MCP Pro. There were a few minor compromises that I had to make, for example I mapped the CL650/FCP/ap_eng to the CWA A and CWA B buttons on the MCP Pro because the B737 does not have a dedicated AP ENG button.  Every other button that I have programmed/mapped to a CL650/FCP/ command is working.  

The only other mapping/assignment/programming issue I'm having problems with is GoFlight Landing Gear Pro module and assigning one of the switches to rudder trim up and down.  I have the rudder trim assigned to joystick switch, but I would like to get those two switches back for view control.  I'm not sure if I am using the correct assignment for rudder trim left and rudder trim right. 

The big thing I would like to get is the AP ENG switch to work on the GoFlight MCP Pro.  It's the only FCP switch that I cannot activate through the GoFlight MCP Pro.

Thanks for your help!  Much appreciated!! 

Rich Boll

GIT MCPPro Selection Options.PNG

GIT MCPPro AP ENG.PNG

GIT LGT Rudder Up.PNG

GIT LGT Rudder Down.PNG

• 1 year later...

sorry that was my fault, I am using CL650/FCP/ap_eng which I can see via the dataref tool is correct.   One interesting thing I noticed using DRT is that if I push the AP button in the virtual cockpit, I see command CL650/FCP/ap_eng being used, and I see a dataref for CL650/FCP/ap_eng changing to a value of 1.    When I assign the same command to a button on the saitek panel and look at DRT, I do see the command being activated, but there is no corresponding dataref for CL650/FCP/ap_eng being changed to 1.  This AP engage function is the only one I'm having this issue with...

yup, understood, this is what I have.  again it's the only command I'm having the issue with, strange...

;  ********* AP Button ******************************************
;Ap Button remapable = 0 default | = 1 remapable command | = 2 remapable datareference | = 3 remapable datareference toggle
Ap Button remapable = 1

;command for AP button
ap_button_remapable_cmd = CL650/FCP/ap_eng

1 hour ago, adawg said:

yup, understood, this is what I have.  again it's the only command I'm having the issue with, strange...

It's because this specific command needs to be "held" active for more than 1 frame, and XSaitekPanels is actuating commands in X-Plane incorrectly, so this can never happen or work without custom integration.

On 12/31/2023 at 9:58 AM, Pils said:

It's because this specific command needs to be "held" active for more than 1 frame, and XSaitekPanels is actuating commands in X-Plane incorrectly, so this can never happen or work without custom integration.

That's  per Toto over on the HS650 Discord channel.  He said that he was considering making an option to bypass that one-frame delay to permit hardware binding.  That was a couple weeks ago. 

Rich

On 12/31/2023 at 10:58 AM, Pils said:

perfect thanks for this info.   I *think* I might be able to get around this with a flywithlua script....if I'm successful I'll post back.  Thanks!

On 1/1/2024 at 1:40 PM, Pils said:

@richjb Have you discussed with the GoFlight developers about using the X-Plane SDK properly?

I have not discussed it with them.  The Autopilot engage button is the only one that does not work.  In fact, I have been able to program my Goflight MCPPro and EFIS to a greater extent in HS650 using dropdown boxes in PolyPot's GoFlight modules than I have any other airplane.  The only button that doesn't work is the autopilot engage, and per Toto, it's the time delay that you mention.  

Is that delay covered in the X-Plane SDK?  

3 hours ago, richjb said:

Is that delay covered in the X-Plane SDK?  

The delay itself isn’t the issue, that’s logic in the Chally simulation (for reasons not relevant to this). The issue is not actuating commands when a hardware button is pushed, held, and released using the correct API functions.