HUD and Default Seat Position

chroode

Hi, 

When I press "Shift+9", and the view returns to the captain's seat, I feel too close to the dashboard, and I am not properly aligned to the seatback. 

I use the ",<" key to move back to a comfortable position so as to see the screens, even with the seatback of the copilot, and flip down the HUD, I am now too far away to use it, and have to move forward to get all the information visible. 

Is there a way I can adjust the HUD so I can see it, while also being back far enough to see the instrument panels?

Thanks

Chris

image.png.0de43f94b06d53072a6af2aacd0666a2.png

These are the "Design Eye Reference Point" balls. When the yellow is exactly behind the white, your eye is in the correct point. The HUD on the real aircraft is not adjustable, your eyepoint needs to be in the correct location for normal use.

My normal view, 75 FOV, 1080p 

image.thumb.png.2aec2903e9aeef123ea83eddb42622b5.png

Edited by Graeme_77

5 hours ago, Graeme_77 said:

You're welcome. It's fairly common to see sim models that don't get the DERP balls correct, so Hot Start went to extra lengths to make sure the cockpit geometry was correct.

I figured out what my problems was. It was the degree of view setting in "Graphics". I was at 60 degrees. I brought it to 80 degrees. Much better.:D