Microstutter only with IXEG

rserpieri

Hello everybody,

I am experiencing a lot of microstutters (on ground and inflight) when using the IXEG 737 v. 1.33 despite the frame rate being very good.

I have checked previous posts in the forums and tried to tweek the Gizmo Garbage Collector but I can't find a setting that fixes the problem.

My specs are Ryzen 7 3700x, RAM 16GB @ 3200Mhz, RTX 3070 8GB.

The Gizmo version is March 2021.

I have many other complex addons and all of them run smooth with my settings, only the IXEG doesn't.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help, kind regards,

Roberto 

There could be several reasons for performance problems, I will try to mention them so you can rule them out:

1.) Not using Vulkan

2.) Interference with other plugins

3.) Failure to exclude the X-Plane folder from Microsoft Defender surveillance

4.) Exceeding VRAM (often due to other add-ons with extensive textures, like some airports)

5.) Gizmo garbage collector settings (you already tried that)

You can output the framerate as  a graph if you select the corresponding checkbox in the DATA OUT tab, then trigger the graphical display with ctrl-g. This will help you judge how "smooth" your framerate really is.

Let me know if this helps?

Cheers, Jan

Dear Jan,

Thanks always for your prompt reply. This is my situation:

1.) Currently using Vulkan

2.) I have other plugins, I will check it out although every other complex addon is smooth and does not show any sign of stuttering;

3.) I use Kaspersky and I excluded XP 11. Do I have to do something else with Windows Defender?

4.) I use Riva Tuner for monitoring of performance and it does not show any sign of excessive stress on the VRAM (usage of the Video Card Is usually about 45% since I prefer not to use very high settings giving priority to FPS and smoothness).

5.) Gizmo garbage collector settings: I tried to increase both values. Should I only try with one of the two and, eventually, which one?

Also, is the Gizmo version dated Matlrch 2021 the best one to use for the IXEG 733?

Thanks again for your time and your support, best regards,

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Just to rule out some other problem I would:

2.) Remove all other plugins (temporarily move to another folder you make) to rule out any interference

3.) Windows defender is causing a problem when you "modify the route" in the FMS, i.e. every time you enter or change a routing - this accesses the navigational database and Windows Defender is trying to analyze every access...which slows things down. Just enter its settings and exclude the X-Plane folder from "live checking".

4.) You can check your VRAM usage (it has nothing to do with the computational load of your video card) in the X-Plane "graphics setting" - it will say how much VRAM you use under the "texture" slider.

5.) March 2021 version for Gizmo should be fine...

I am wary of programs like "Riva Tuner" if a user is not an expert on computers it is likely to turn something on or off that hurts performance in an unexpected way. Also do the "graphical output" thing I told you so we can see if you suffer from generally bad framerates or just temporary stutters.

Dear Jan,

Yesterday I was able to do some checking with the IXEG.

Following your suggestions I discovered that the XP11 folder had not been excluded from the Kaspersky virus scan.

Excluding XP11 from the scan allowed me to achieve a smoother simulation with just a few stutters (mostly during taxiing).

I will do more tests and will let you know.

Best regards,

Roberto