WIP 02 - The 3D Cockpit

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks!.. we are working hard to make this plane stunning, as you say. There is no visual work to show now. Just animating everything. Listing new custom datarefs, constructing the manipulators.

After that (finishing all those things this week), I will make the night textures, windows textures, and build the cabin, while testing the systems that Ben will program.

After all of that, then comes the correction of bugs, refining and making the documentation with tutorials (I though a posibility of video tutorials). The Documentation is going to be a good number of pages!!

And finally liveries.

Hope there is a final 9.30 version when the plane is released, but no incoming 9.40.. because all modifications on a new version of x-plane can delay the release.

Maybe there are people that cannot wait to the release, but believe me we are working so hard on this everyday to release it as quick as we can, but not with not bad rush.

The project started on 15 January, so it is only 3 months. I planed 4-5 months. Lets see....

Thanks!.. we are working hard to make this plane stunning, as you say. There is no visual work to show now. Just animating everything. Listing new custom datarefs, constructing the manipulators.

After that (finishing all those things this week), I will make the night textures, windows textures, and build the cabin, while testing the systems that Ben will program.

After all of that, then comes the correction of bugs, refining and making the documentation with tutorials (I though a posibility of video tutorials). The Documentation is going to be a good number of pages!!

And finally liveries.

Hope there is a final 9.30 version when the plane is released, but no incoming 9.40.. because all modifications on a new version of x-plane can delay the release.

Maybe there are people that cannot wait to the release, but believe me we are working so hard on this everyday to release it as quick as we can, but not with not bad rush.

The project started on 15 January, so it is only 3 months. I planed 4-5 months. Lets see....

The way you seem to be working Javier you'll have it out on schedule! Really is the best thing to happen to X-Plane is this :) Keep up the good work and if you need beta testers please give me a shout.

I doubt 9.4 will be out before the release of this beauty. Just a question: Is it possible to simulate the "curve" effect of the CRT's in the CRJ? Secondly: Is the custom FMS still ago? I think that the new VAS FMC could help you quite a bit with the FMC.

Thanks - Jason

We are trying to simulate anything is inside the plane.. And of course the FMS is my intention to be programed also. Don't know how still but yes. Now, almost the 95% of the graphics of the 3D cockpit are finished.. and the 90% of all animations (upper exit scape also  ;D ) with manipulators... just drag and open things...

As soon as new datarefs comes all will start to be very very very beautifull and functional inside. I have great support of Cameron, Tom and Ben.. and also I have 2 real spanish CRJ pilots helping me so much!. I am happy!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

WONDERFULL!!!

My Englisch is verry bad, but this Aircraft is very very nice!

How can I Pay this "rare jewel"?

It is possible in Euro?!

I like to say you my deepest respect for your Work! THANK YOU and I hope this Englisch is easy to understand . . .

No problem about your english.. I am spanish.. so the same problem right here!! hehehe.

When the plane is on sale, for sure you can buy in euros. or yens.. or whatever.. The program makes the translates the amount of money  from Dollars to Euros or whatever.

Is like my Javelin. Lots of people from USA buy it on Dollars and no problem. The only problem is that the price is in Euros and "always" will be the same but in other currency depends on the financial market... so maybe is very cheap for a country and in other is very very expensive. I think there should be a way to solve that. Depending on the country you live, a diferent price. But the trick is always to make think the computer you are from the cheapest country.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

are any price to purchase a beta tester member :)

incredible work !!!

thanks and sorry for my indian sud american english.

Hector Zampini

Puerto Madryn, CHUBUT

ARGENTINA.

Hello, Hector,

We will not be doing any paid beta test subscriptions for this project. We want to make sure all customers get a working product without having to test things when it goes on sale! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

What a nice airplane. I will be one of your first customers. CRJ's and Challengers are my favorite airplanes (not just because I'm a Quebecer).

I especially like the CRJ to corporate jet conversions like these people make:

http://www.aerospaceconcepts.com/about_phoenix.php

http://www.flyingcolourscorp.com/crjoverview.htm

http://www.actionaviation.com/crjindex.html

What a great jet you end up with.

Looking forward to new liveries for your plane. Air Canada Jazz and corporate liveries would be great.

And please, do make a 2D cockpit. 3D cockpits, I find, are un-effective, and make me motion sick!

Keep on the good work!

I have all of Javiers Planes. There fantastic all. And none of them have 2d panels there is a 1 % chance there will be a 2d cockpit.

2d Cockpits dont feel like your flying at all! there pathetic and naff and I dislike most of them (exceptions being x737 and XPFW A320)

,Theo

About 2D cockpits I started on this of creation of planes for x-plane because I didn't find too many good 3D cockpits. If you only have a 3D cockpit it can be easy to see it as a 2D one. If you have pilot view plugin, you can define the views you want (overhead, central panel.. etc...) all centered as a 2d view without moving. Like a 2D cockpit. It is easy and no motion sick.

The CRJ needs programming. I will learn how to program in Lua on August and September. But it needs good programming... because all animations and graphics are ready to be used.

• 1 month later...

Yes.. is silence around but is like a library where everyone is studing!! hehe.

Right now the project is going ahead finding solutions and I am really happy about the results I finding  :)

I think soon will be able to tell news about it... but of course I never would abandon a work of mine. But this little bird needs much more atention than all my other planes.

Japo!

Holy Crap! I am a couple of months shy of celebrating my first X-Plane anniversary (what took me so long?) and so far have been disappointed by the payware offerings currently out there... until now! My eyes are having trouble staying inside my head! :)

I have a question. I notice in the Javelin video, you used Blender for the object creation. The CRJ-200 looks like it's been built in 3DS max. Do you find a benefit to using 3DS over Blender? I am new to 3D rendering and have only Blender. Just curious.

I want my CRJ-200!

All the best

Zach.

Well... 3D Studio Max is professional and has things that Blender don't have. It is also fast and I have been using it for 10 years so I like it. But Blender is really, really impresive 3D package, and it is free!! Even it has some more powerful tools that Max, like particles and other things. You can work on both (and I use both)

• 1 month later...