Piston Islander avionics flickering

Wilco

Hi Folks. I have the latest version of the piston Islander and recently the displays on the avionics are flickering. Like fine for 5secs then a quick off and back on again, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row. That's all the radios and AP, but not the GPS. I notice that AviTab also does it in sync. All works fine, it's just annoying and distracting. Doesn't happen on other aircraft. Anyone have any ideas/had a similar problem? Thanks, Dave

I am going to guess you are using the Vulkan renderer with an AMD GPU. This system is very broken in X-Plane due to AMD driver bugs, that have been reported to AMD. Turning off Vulkan is the best method to fix the flickering. 

If that is not the case, in order to debug what is going on, we will need you to send us a copy of the X-Plane log.txt file. You can find a guide to get this file here: 

How to find the X-Plane log.txt file?

Well, you are absolutely right about me having an AMD GPU with Vulkan renderer! Thanks for letting me know. Sometimes it's just a system limitation, but we don't know until we ask those with experience. Strangely, since I posted, all seems fine, but it was really troublesome before... It's probably one of those things which are intermittent. Possibly happens if I change flight/aircraft without shutting down and relaunching XP? I'll send you a log file if need be. Thanks for your help and swift response! Wilco