Fresh download of both Islander versions not working, crashes VR and will not stop requesting activation details.

-Matt-

I recently went to fly the Islander after about 3 months absence from it so I thought I would download the latest update, I went to play and the activation window pops up and no matter how many times I put my credentials in it always pops back up despite it confirming to me they are correct in the top right gizmo panel. Even with Antivirus disabled and VPN disabled. I gave it a few days and having just purchased the Turbine variant I have downloaded fresh copies of each variant and they are both doing the exact same thing still.

They also appear to be crashing VR, I have flown various aircraft today without issue but as soon as I stepped into the Islanders VR crashed on a number of occasions and has booted up steam VR without me prompting it too (I have never used steam VR, just Oculus) I have since tried other aircraft and have had no issues so I am 100% confident the issue is with the Islanders and or Gizmo.

Judging by other posts on here there seams to be quite a few issues with Gizmo and other aircraft. Having previously been very impressed by the module quality I am somewhat largely disappointed in Torque simulations and the seemingly lack of resolution.

Regards,

Matt.

Log.txt

Log.txt

2 hours ago, -Matt- said:

I recently went to fly the Islander after about 3 months absence from it so I thought I would download the latest update, I went to play and the activation window pops up and no matter how many times I put my credentials in it always pops back up despite it confirming to me they are correct in the top right gizmo panel. Even with Antivirus disabled and VPN disabled. I gave it a few days and having just purchased the Turbine variant I have downloaded fresh copies of each variant and they are both doing the exact same thing still.

They also appear to be crashing VR, I have flown various aircraft today without issue but as soon as I stepped into the Islanders VR crashed on a number of occasions and has booted up steam VR without me prompting it too (I have never used steam VR, just Oculus) I have since tried other aircraft and have had no issues so I am 100% confident the issue is with the Islanders and or Gizmo.

Judging by other posts on here there seams to be quite a few issues with Gizmo and other aircraft. Having previously been very impressed by the module quality I am somewhat largely disappointed in Torque simulations and the seemingly lack of resolution.

Regards,

Matt.

Log.txt 98.69 kB · 0 downloads

Log.txt 98.69 kB · 0 downloads

Your X-Plane folder is inside of a "Program Files" folder which Windows is probably protecting.

This means the X-A activation process cannot save your license file, as indicated by this line: 

0:03:15.850 G64: debug: Toast Message:(type:error) (X-Aviation Licensing) / (Could not save license data.)

On my own system I have D:\SteamLibrary as the root folder for my extra steam content. Not D:\Program Files\

Here's a quick google result on how to move a steam app to another drive/folder:

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/#:~:text=To move an installed game,library and select “Properties”.&text=Click the “Local Files” tab,You're done.

Please avoid the temptation to run X-Plane as administrator to override the Windows protection of your Program Files folder.

Let us know if you need more help.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Your X-Plane folder is inside of a "Program Files" folder which Windows is probably protecting.

This means the X-A activation process cannot save your license file, as indicated by this line: 

0:03:15.850 G64: debug: Toast Message:(type:error) (X-Aviation Licensing) / (Could not save license data.)

On my own system I have D:\SteamLibrary as the root folder for my extra steam content. Not D:\Program Files\

Here's a quick google result on how to move a steam app to another drive/folder:

https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/#:~:text=To move an installed game,library and select “Properties”.&text=Click the “Local Files” tab,You're done.

Please avoid the temptation to run X-Plane as administrator to override the Windows protection of your Program Files folder.

Let us know if you need more help.

Excellent Ben, thank you for the speedy and informative response. 

I'll have a look and fettle the program folder situation tonight.

• 2 weeks later...