v1.6.3 Airborne Variant observations

Vostflyer

Very happy with the update. I took the Airborne Variant out for a spin and noticed a couple of minor things.

1. Switching on External Power did not result in the expected hydraulic pump kick-in. However, once the aircraft was fully up and running, the pump did auto-switch according to the hydraulic pressure. Don't know yet if the passenger and cargo models exhibit the same behaviour, nor if this is a bug or a deliberately re-modelled feature.

2. Only the Engine #2 ITT gauge has the digital display working; for Engine #1 the digital temperature display is blank.

1 hour ago, Vostflyer said:

1. Switching on External Power did not result in the expected hydraulic pump kick-in. However, once the aircraft was fully up and running, the pump did auto-switch according to the hydraulic pressure. Don't know yet if the passenger and cargo models exhibit the same behaviour, nor if this is a bug or a deliberately re-modelled feature.

There is no difference in the operation of the hydraulic pump between variants.  Just turning on External Power does not automatically run the pump.  The pump runs when the pressure in the accumulator is low.

1 hour ago, Vostflyer said:

2. Only the Engine #2 ITT gauge has the digital display working; for Engine #1 the digital temperature display is blank.

Are your using Windows with Vulkan, or MacOS with Metal ??  Does the problem go away if you switch to OpenGL ?

Re 1. Looks like it was a 'running in' issue. Tried again today and the pump cut in as expected on a C&D start.

Re 2. I'm on Windows 10 and Vulcan. But I don't think that is relevant in this case. I checked further today and both the Passenger and Cargo variants display the digital temperature readings for both engines correctly. Only the Airborne variant has this (missing texture?) issue. Screenshot attached.LES_Saab_340A_AEW.thumb.jpg.940704a6304477ce05c9ad3913132845.jpg