[SOLVED] CRJ 1.1.1 freezes when clicking AC Power from Available --> In use

dpny

The 1.1.1 update seems to have introduced a crippling new bug. When starting from cold and dark, and following the checklist/tutorial, clicking on the AC power button to cycle it from available to in use drops the frame rate so low X-Plane is essentially frozen. This only happens when starting from cold and dark. If I start with all systems running, everything is fine.

The first time it happened, the frame rate dropped to about 1 fps. I was eventually able to get back to the AC power button and click it back to available, which restored the frame rate. Quitting X-Plane and restarting resulted in the same bug, only this time the frate rate was so low I couldn't even pan. I had to force quit.

X-Plane's memory usage and CPU usage does not change at all. This seems to be a graphical bug.

Nothing has changed in my X-Plane configuration. The only difference is the newer version of the CRJ.

Well I don't remember your configuration. But if you have a low computer or Mac the from cold and dark (well this will happend in all configurations) you will have a drop to the middle of the fps you hadd in cold and dark, once you switch on batery. But in low ones and some Macs maybe it will droped to <19. There is no ptoblem in tha. Move your point of view a little and it will refresh back to normal. The crj when switching on has a big impact in plugin calculation in just one frame. Bottle neck. Let time pass or force it moving the camera viewpoit to the sky.

In future we will see if we can have a better startup! But for now it is totally no problem, because is easily fixed.

Javier, I have a 3.33 GHz, six-core Mac Pro with a 5870. I usually get 50-100 fps with the CRJ. If doing this slows down my machine this much, it's going to destroy anyone with a lesser machine.

then is something inside your configuration that makes bottle neck.. because as you can see there are lots of people flying perfectly ... Drivers... programs.. Antivirus... who knows....

Nothing changed, but I will do some more tests.

I have the frame rate dropping to 1 fps if I forget to unable the xfmc mac plugin before loading the plane. If I quit x-plane, disable xfmc by XAddonManager and reload, everything is fine.

Check your plugins, maybe there is a new scenario.

All other plugins I need and use are compatible.  Have fun....

Figured it out: I had Chrome running in the background. Quit Chrome, quit X-Plane, relaunch, and everything is fine.

I don't know what Chrome is doing to my system, but the combo of it and the CRJ is deadly.

Figured it out: I had Chrome running in the background. Quit Chrome, quit X-Plane, relaunch, and everything is fine.

I don't know what Chrome is doing to my system, but the combo of it and the CRJ is deadly.

I already wrote about that: Chrome uses hardware acceleration for CSS transformations and fontrendering. So the chrome processes (one per tab) compete with the CRJ threads (one per display) about font access.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2434.msg23331#msg23331

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2098.msg20802#msg20802

Cameron, we should think about selling an CRJ+IPad combo package :D so people will have their browser on a separate display :D

Philipp

I already wrote about that: Chrome uses hardware acceleration for CSS transformations and fontrendering. So the chrome processes (one per tab) compete with the CRJ threads (one per display) about font access.

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2434.msg23331#msg23331

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2098.msg20802#msg20802

Cameron, we should think about selling an CRJ+IPad combo package :D so people will have their browser on a separate display :D

Philipp

I'd read those threads, but I had no idea the results would be so dramatic.