Question on SR22 trim

PeterS72

Hello,

thank you very much for the fantastic TorqueSim SR22, enjoying it tremendously.

I am no real pilot and never touched a real SR22, so I have one (probably very noobish) question: Does the SR22 have any rudder trim? I read contradicting statements on this on the net, apparently older versions had it but it was removed in later generations. So the question actually should be: Does the real SR22 3rd generation which is simulated by the TorqueSim SR22 in X-Plane have rudder trim?

On climb it needs some right rudder to keep the ball centered, also on cruise but much less. The turbo-normalized version slightly more, which is expected. I don't know if this exactly mirrors the real plane behaviour. Would a real SR22 pilot keep his foot on the right rudder all the time during climb and cruise to center the ball? Or would the yaw damper take care of that?

I know I could just use the X-Plane rudder trim keys, but that might be "cheating".

Not requesting to change anything with this post, just curious about the real life behaviour and operation.

• 2 weeks later...

Not an expert but I believe they had a real SR22 to model after and as far as I can tell,  The SR22 is modeled exactly as it is in real life.   Typically on small single engine aircraft rudder trim is not used.  But on the SR22 they have a Yaw Damper (YD)  which is turned on right after takeoff and turned off on final before touchdown.  The Yaw damper turned on during the climb will help reduce the workload on the pedals.

• 1 month later...