Shadows in Cockpit

Lon

This sim is so realistic that it even displays shadows in the cockpit. This is a problem for me, because the shadows make the control panel buttons and knobs too dark to read. I've looked for a way to turn off the shadows, but I can't find out how to do it. I'm willing to dig into a settings file, if it can't be done from a menu item. But I've looked at individual files, and don't find one that's obviously shadow settings.

I've also looked at X-Plane's own settings menu. The menu doesn't say anything about inside-the-plane shadows, and my "shadows on scenery" box is not checked. My X-Plane Visual Effects are set on Maximum. My Texture Quality setting is about 75%.  And my Reflection Detail is 0%. I don't think any of these X-Plane has a bearing on cockpit shadows, but I could be wrong.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to turn off the cockpit shadows.

Turning down the "Visual Effects" setting should reduce the quality of shadows and thus could help in your situation. The aircraft also does simulate the cockpit lighting, you can turn on the overhead and panel lights using the appropriate controls in the cockpit (knobs the switch plate, button on ceiling panel), these only work with the X-Plane Visual Effects set to enable HDR.