Icing visual cues

dr_anthony

Hmm, to tell you the truth I don´t remember if we ever had icing cues on the windshield wiper...we did have it on the windows (the "eyebrow shape"), iirc.

I have to check when I get home tomorrow (currently on a trip, flying) if I get icing on the wiper screw...and then talk to Tom if we miss this effect on the CPT´s side.

Cheers, Jan

Hmm, I don´t know what tricks Nils did back then with the ice collecting under the wiper...I honestly don´t remember having that, but it could be some shader trick that does not work anymore with XP11.

I just doublechecked and the "right wiper icing" is actually a visual artifact of something that went wrong with the wiper geometry. I always see it, even in sunshine and +20C. If you look really close you can see that the hinge of the right wiper is twisted by 90 degrees...I filed a bug.

477228820_Wiperssunshine.thumb.jpg.170332f7da3fe3439ae36d5cc273f337.jpg

The only visual icing effect I am able to get is windshield icing over if I turn off the window heat (only the leftmost switch actually has an effect on the windshield icing).

136409553_Windshieldicing.thumb.jpg.b0b57c5755fae0f8a6d4c2ede63a29f9.jpg

Definitely some room for improvement here for XP12...

Cheers, Jan