[SOLVED] FMC Bug - Cannot enter second waypoint

Nova

Hiho.

I got a FMC Bug, that prevents me from filing any flightplans via FLP page.

This is not new to v1.1 it also happened with 1.0 when i wanted to fly on friday.

When i enter the first waypoint, the FMC will not show me a second line, where i would input the next waypoint normally.

In addition, i'm not even able to delete the entered waypoint. Getting "No entry allowed" message.

Old flightplans are not loaded either. He says "route loaded" but only first waypoint shown.

I can change SID/STAR as i wish, and waypoints of loaded flightplans are shown on LEGS page, i can delete those there and add a new one.

So i can file a flightplan through the LEGS page, but this is very uncomfortable, because i have to enter every single fix by hand. And since i cannot use my keyboard to type, it's just a pain in the ass.

I did not change anything to X-Plane. I haven't flown any other plane since i bought it, haven't installed another one since then, i think - but i'm not sure - haven't even loaded another one, since i bought the CRJ. I always made my next flight from the airport i landed previous with the CRJ.

So basically nothing has changes on the X-Plane front. Yet, the CRJ will not let me make flightplans any more.

What has changed, is that i installed two games, and one installed another c++ redistributable. But not sure which version.

So i uninstalled/installed the old CRJ v1.0, when it was still up to date, twice new to ensure that c++ is fixed. But sadly nothing changed. My hope was that 1.1 would fix this, but it hasn't.

I even loaded the plane somewhere with only water around me, to avoid scenery conflicts (but hell, why should those make problems now anyways when they worked perfect since day 0?). This had no effect.

I have no clue what to do, in order to solve this.

Log.txt

I just remembered that i have a clean install of XP with the CRJ v.1 on the pc.

I loaded it, and... guess what, it's broken there too.

I made this install, when i wanted to make sure, that i had no conflicts with other plugins or preferences.

Not sure what the issue was.

However, not even working on a new download.

@Perry:

Nav data is up to date. Cycle 0511

Edit: attached the log from the clean XP

Log.txt

Nova.. I have tested both and they are input perfect inside the fms. Even I have the free navigraph data..

If you have a problem with a fix please look for that fix inside this navigraph file: wpNavFIX.txt

if you have a problem with a route please look for that via inside wpNavRTE.txt

in the free version, all are there and both routes were programmed without any problem. But lets wait for Philipp what he has to say.

Thanks

damm.. I had to figure out that DARTZ3 is an SID. Even I don't know from which airport. I am not a soothsayer!!

Anyway.. I input DARTZ and then BILEE.. no problem at all. of course direct because you didn't tell me any airway.

Look for BILEE inside your wpNavFIX.txt file (inside JRollonPlanes/NavData). I am using the free default one.

Look for BILEE inside your wpNavFIX.txt file (inside JRollonPlanes/NavData). I am using the free default one.

$ grep BILEE wpNav*
wpNavFIX.txt:BILEE                   BILEE 31.162539 -96.388536
wpNavFIX.txt:BILEE                   BILEE 36.760833 127.568889
wpNavRTE.txt:J87 005 BILEE 31.162539 -96.388536
wpNavRTE.txt:V369 006 BILEE 31.162539 -96.388536

This is the current Navigraph data.

Looks like the route should be DARTZ3 DCT BRDEN DCT TORNN DCT BILEE DCT TNV thence. . .

Did you guys changed anything in the default nav.dat? there are some sceneries on the .org where you have to change the nav.dat to use it. Sometimes it occurs with wrong entries that the UFMC is reporting invalid entries although the waypoint is in the file. As I am Not sure if the CRJ FMC works with the default nav.dat this idea might be completely wrong - maybe not.

Regards

@Japo

I willl have a look into the files, when i'm back home. But i will bet, that those fixes are there.

You said you made it with the "free version", i got the v1 version out of the box on another

X-Plane install (clean, no addons, nothing changed, only demo area, 0411 airac) and it stopped

working there too.

That's what i find strange. Something broke it. Haven't changed anything to X-Plane.

There was an Win7 update last week, and i installed three other games, but why should the CRJ

be broken by other apps, that don't even run, while it runs.

I loaded other planes i purchased lately and freeware, all are working fine, except the CRJ.

I loaded other planes i purchased lately and freeware, all are working fine, except the CRJ.

Ok. Lets see what Philipp has to say, but that phrase is the one I have heared most, and it doesn't mean your system is ok because other planes are loading. This is the most complex airplane inside X-Plane and it is demostrated that some plugins affect the right working of the CRJ. That doesn't mean the CRJ is bad done, because there are other people thatare running the plane perfectly. It just mean we have to find what it is inside computers configuration of people that have problems of compatibility.

But with this problem I can ensure that is working perfectly, so there is something in your computers that is affecting the plugin

Ok, so i checked the nav data, and the fixes are there.

But honestly, it cannot be that i have to contact the support now every time i want to activate the CRJ.

I wanted to install the v1.1 on a clean new install, but it doesn't accept my password....AGAIN...  >:)

Damm.. sorry about that activation issue.. again..... well for sure Cameron will help you with this.

For now.. lets wait what Philipp has to say about this.. because I have it working perfectly in all the 3 routes you all gave me. So maybe is a problem in install... don't know......

you know.. this is not easy. we test a lot here in our computers first. Several configurations.. but we have not all the posibilities all the people has around, so I hope you can understand it. thanks for your patience!

Can not reproduce here.

I have no problem entering any of this routes.

Can you please confirm that when you clean install, you also remove your updated navdata beforehand?

After a clean install with the navdata shipped with the CRJ, do the routes work then? Does it break when you update the navdata?

Philpp

Ok, so i checked the nav data, and the fixes are there.

But honestly, it cannot be that i have to contact the support now every time i want to activate the CRJ.

I wanted to install the v1.1 on a clean new install, but it doesn't accept my password....AGAIN...  >:(

It honestly will take you less time to contact X-Aviation about it than to write on the forum and get upset AND write X-Aviation about it. Come on now... :)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2349.0

Can not reproduce here.

I have no problem entering any of this routes.

Can you please confirm that when you clean install, you also remove your updated navdata beforehand?

After a clean install with the navdata shipped with the CRJ, do the routes work then? Does it break when you update the navdata?

Philpp

I did a complete new install of the CRJ. No nav data was updated. Standing at LSZH with just water around me, no other plugins, no other planes or sceneries "installed".

I just don't see why it will not work. I haven't changed anything to the original install, where i was flying about 9 routes online without any problems. I noticed this issue last week when i wanted to make another trip. And since then i cannot get it to work again.

However, on the old install, i noticed that the uninstaller isn't removing saved flightplans. I was still able to load them, and they where in the corresponding directory.

Edit: Screenshot attached

post-546-131369610506_thumb.jpg

However, on the old install, i noticed that the uninstaller isn't removing saved flightplans. I was still able to load them, and they where in the corresponding directory.

This is correct, and it's done this way so that:

1. Your routes will work with your upgrade

2. Any liveries you download don't have to be manually installed again

3. Your activation license will be retained so that you do not have to re-activate after each upgrade

In short, this is programmed this way as a convenience factor and to make your life a little easier. :)

don't know what to say you Nova.. If you have the fix point inside the navdata... you should be able to just input direct to the fms. I have no problems at all.. and others... I still believe is something inside your computer. Can you install in other computer?

Here is a list of installed C++ versions.

I don't know if it is possible to download and install them separately

so i hesitate a bit of deinstalling the ones that don't come with the CRJ.

[5 minutes passed]

Ok, deinstalled the latest installed version which came with Tropico 3.

But it didn't change anything.

The last successful flight was on may 20th from LSZH to EDDW where i

then got the bug.

@Japo:

No i don't own another pc.

The very last option would be, that i reinstall Win7. But that is a no go.

It would take hours to get it installed, backing up all files, restoring them,

installing apps again and so on...maybe if i have plenty of spare time,

but that's not the case currently.

post-546-131369610533_thumb.jpg

Ok problem solved, although no one really knows what caused this behavior.

My guess is, that either the x86 and 64bit version of the 2010 C++ had a problem,

or the 2008 version which was installed on friday made problems.

But no one can say that for sure. After deinstalling both 2010 versions and the 2008,

i made a reinstall of the CRJ and a reboot. It worked the first time Philipp and i tested it.

Should have tried to re/deinstall those versions earlier.  :-\

How embarrassing. But i entered the route just like i always did. So my point goes to

a incompatibility between C++ revisions, and not a continuing customer failure. :(

Thanks for the help!  :)