Skymax pro 4.9.6.2 Stutter with lastest radeon drivers ?

stefbid

Hello. 

i use real weather connector and skymaxx pro on x-plane 11 . i changed recently my grahic card for a rx 5700 xt. Game was running fine, but nothing excemptionnal too (even with skymaxx on or off ). New radeaon drivers yesterday, the game runs betters (45 to 60fps) but i have "a stutter" that repeat each xx seconds. Removing or just disabling skymaxx solves the problem. and too now when i open the skymaxx configuration windows , game is really slow, just mouving the mouse is slow. When i clik to close the windows, evan if i change nothing , i have to wait 10/15s before the game can move again.

tried to update gizmo, download again skymaxx and real weather ... same thing. an idea ? 

Sorry for my english, i'm french :) 

Ok i did test just now. It'sreally  better :) Just still 2 small bugs.

i removed totally skymaxx and re_downloaded (same version, but, to be sure ... ) and installed it again. When i'm prompted for the gizmo choice beta or stable .. i rember i choosed beta before (there's written with no stutter :) ) , so this time i choosed the stable version.

Was it this ? Now game run smooth, with shadows clouds too, no more stutter. i just unchecked lens flare and raised the clouds coverage to 16700

Note i let the lastest radeon drivers.

Two problems still there (but i can play anyway ;) ).

- I had (like before this test, i forgot to mention it above) the smp windows alert that my graphics card ressources are low etc ..... this happened when the game was running fine a 45/50 fps, i played 15min more to see, no error or crash problem, fps were stable. I didn't checked the "dont repat" box, and never had it again.

- There still the fps drop with the smp window  . Game drops immedialty to 7 fps when i open the cloud configuration window, even if i click nothing ! . 

If i change something, ( it's hard to move cursors with so few fps :) ) , and then apply, the game totaly stop for 15/20 sec before the fps counter move again and stay to 7/8fps. I close the window and it goes immediatly back to the 45/50  normal fps for the game on my computer.

This is just with this windows, if i open the map in the game, the realweather connector window, all the smp windows for choosing clouds textures, all is fine.

I will do more tests playing. Thanks for reading and answering

Edited by stefbid

Sounds like you are a bit low on resources, but if it's generally running OK then we'll just go with it :)

15-20 seconds to apply changes is a bit much, but SMP is recreating all of the clouds during that time, so a pause of a few seconds is expected there.

I didn't know users were being given a choice for the beta Gizmo. I'll have to ask X-Aviation about that, if it's causing problems.

7 hours ago, sundog said:

Sounds like you are a bit low on resources, but if it's generally running OK then we'll just go with it :)

15-20 seconds to apply changes is a bit much, but SMP is recreating all of the clouds during that time, so a pause of a few seconds is expected there.

I didn't know users were being given a choice for the beta Gizmo. I'll have to ask X-Aviation about that, if it's causing problems.

I have being using Gizmo Beta and so far no issues