PC upgrade

mjrhealth

Just A heads up, im upgrading my PC tomorrow, may be few changes to it in next few weeks. I assume if i remove Gizmo temporarily I wont get any checks untill i reinsert it, I know I will at least be replacing the motherboard in new machine next few weeks, I dont think teh one it has is up to scratch, but will do for basic testing. Was built to budget, but has a Intel 10700K. Wonder what improvement it will do over 4790K which still stands pretty well against most of the new processes.

17 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Just moved drive to new machine. Quick test at YSSY, on 4790K i  was getting about 20 on OLG 30 on Vulcan, on 10700K I get 35 on OGL and 50 in Vulcan. Thst base it goes up into the 70s, Still more to do tomorrow before reactivating stuff

If you haven't re-installed your OS the machine ID should remain the same..

Will be interesting to see what happens. Please report either way.

5 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

If you haven't re-installed your OS the machine ID should remain the same..

Will be interesting to see what happens. Please report either way.

This now runs the purchased win10 home, so clean OS install, last was WIN7 upgrade. Still impressed, Turned off 2 cores, only running 6 cores 12 threads as its a cheap MOBO but still hitting 5.1 GHZ no overclock, ITS a B460 mobo going to get a H470 with better power, the B460 not that good. Seems even some of the Z490 motherboards which are the top are not much better, some corners seem to get cut. Nice flying around at 50 FPS even no more ATC glitches. Hopefully i will get that all by friday, better CPU fan as well. Than ill be done/ Be interesting to see how the new AMD Zen 4 chips go, seems single thread finally got improved cant wit to see the bench marking.

• 1 month later...