Reload saved situation in cruise

pm_pilot

Hi,

this is a prepurchase question. Would it be possible to reload a saved situation in cruise?

I am assuming you have to start with engines running, load the situation and first stabilise the aircraft. Then engage basic AP modes and programm the FMS and take it from there?

Edited by pmatten

Hello pmatten,

when saving a situation in X-Plane, only certain parameters (called datarefs) are stored in the .sit file (the saved situation).

So what you describe is how it works with our aircraft as well - we can not store certain parameters (like whats loaded in the FMS), but the "basic" setup gets stored.

You would have to load the aircraft in "ready to fly" scenario, then load the situation. The plane would be at the correct position, altitude and speed. You would then engage the autopilot and autothrottle, raise the gear and then go from there. You can reload a saved .fpl flight plan into the FMS, so that helps a bit with not having to enter the full route again (it does not store the SID, STAR or approach, though).

I hope this answers your question, if there is anything else I can help you with, I am right here ;-)

Cheers, Jan