Embraer 195

Guest xp9videos

First off, what version of Blender are you running? Assuming it's 2.48 or higher here are some things to keep in mind...

1) There is typically a delay between when you open the file, and when it pops up. Sometimes, it can take a minutes or two.

2) Check to see if you are possibly zoomed way in/out. If your zoomed way out, the image may be so small you cannot see it.

3) How many sectors in the view window are you working with (IE: Do you have sectors for the three orthos and a perspective, or is it just one big workspace)?

-If you are working with multiple views, keep in mind that blender presents the same picture regardless of view. So, if you load the head on image while you're looking at the plane head on, then switch to the side view in the same window, it will still display the image loaded for that particular window. This wouldn't make it not appear, just something to keep in mind.

4) If the above doesn't help, post a picture with your workspace, and the backround image dialogue open, and figuring it out should be easy.

I am making the assumption that you are using a backround image that is a standard file type (IE: .jpg, png, bmp, pdf, etc.) If not, then open the file in preview (or whatever program will allow you to open it, and save-as one of the aforementioned file types.

This is just for rafael...these questions I will answer. The other one's...not so much. This is not an invite to start e-mailing me, just fyi. I am just answering this because it hasn't been mentioned yet, and it may benefit someone else as well.

You would save an enormous amount of time by modelling however much you want to model in AC3D and THEN exporting it to X Plane.  Doing it in bits and pieces  is not really efficient and time saving. 

Remember, I modelled 6 wingboxes before I was happy with my final one.

Try to cut corners wherever you can but NOT at the expense of the final result.

Goran

Before you load up the picture, make sure you are in whatever view you want to start with.  For the Hawker, I based my views around the side view, so I pressed 3 to make sure I was in side view (right side view.  CTRL 3 is LEFT side view).

In the bottom toolbar, click "view->Background image"

Click "Load" on the dialogue box that comes up and select the SIDE view diagram if you are starting off with side view.

It should come up.

Goran

Heres my progress in AC3D. Im trying to work this fuse modelling out even though I have only little expierience in Fuse modelling. The red rings are where I plan for surfaces to meet. Can someone give me a tip on how to do this Ill show you 1rst I have this Then I move the extrude the vertices and move them to the other ring. Next I Try to make the slope going up I dont know what to call it. And the result Can anyone tell me a process they have a very simple or easy one to do. I know some in Blender but not on AC3D :/.

post-632-131369570128_thumb.png

post-632-131369570136_thumb.png

post-632-131369570392_thumb.png

post-632-131369570402_thumb.png