NAV instruments

danhenri

Hello guys,

I don't know if this has soon been reported (sorry if it is).

Yesterday, in flight on IVAO, all my NAV radios failed (VOR and ILS). After some tests, I discovered that when the plane is first loaded in turn around or flight mode, the NAV radios are not working (VOR, DME and ILS). To make them work again, I have to reload the plane in cold and dark, then switch to turn around or ready to fly mode.

Besides, I have a same problem with AVITAB : when the plane is set on cold and dark, the screen of the EFB stays black, even  when ground power or APU are running. It is necessary to switch off AVITAB in the prefs menu, then to on, and it works again.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Edited by danhenri

Hi Daniel,

we have had reports of the nav radios failing for some people - here is one case where it was probably some hardware interfering:

Maybe you can try the "reboot gizmo" trick (little flash symbol on the right-side pop-out menu)?

And the EFB turns on - tada - when you push the power button on it ;). (You are not the first one to not see that, no worries!)

Cheers, Jan

No worries at all - the button is pretty inconspicuous (on top of the EFB) - and I made Tom make one (before the tab was always on) - because I thought it looked odd to enter a "cold and dark" cockpit and the laptop is running.

Background story here is that we have EFB´s in our real aircraft, too - of course. Procedure is to shut down the EFB when you shut down and leave the aircraft, but some people simply forget (he who is without sin may throw the first stone!) and when the battery goes dead, so does the display of the EFB (even though the tablet itself is still running in its docking station). So sometime during the night the tablet will reach low power and go to sleep mode. But for some odd reason it will not wake up from it again, UNLESS you take it out of the docking station, flip it open, and hold down the power button for a few seconds.

The problem is - we are not allowed to do that - it´s considered a maintenance task. So basically if you are on an outside station in the morning with no company maintenance available, you would have to contract a certified engineer, fill out a bunch of paperwork, do a million phonecalls (incur a few hundred Euros of cost) and delay the flight for a minimum of one hour. Or break the rule, take the laptop out, start it up and be done with it. Which I would never do, of course.

Hence my obsession with the power button :P

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1