Aux Pump sound stopped working?

pegruder

So I've had the TBM for a few weeks now and I have to start off saying - THIS is how EVERY aircraft should be built.  It's a truly living breathing machine and its truly spectacular what the team has done.

With that said I'm having a very minor issue - my aux pump sound seems to have stopped working.  I don't have any failures, nothing worn out.  There is just no sound when its engaged to ON or AUTO modes.  Everything else works as intented, the switch makes its click, the starter, oxygen, literally everything else works perfect.  I have no idea what could have changed.  Any ideas without trying a reinstall?

40 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

No clue. This is 100% something on your end.  A reinstall MIGHT be your only option, but check your sound hardware and anything else that may be causing this.  

So I gave a reinstall a shot with no change.  I created a new airframe and the sound is there, switched back and its gone.  I feel like theres a failure here I'm not seeing.  Is the aux pump simulated to fail?

4 hours ago, Marius_B said:

There are a number of 'environment' add-ons which allow the setting of volume for different sounds, maybe this is the culprit.

If you are trying or got XPRealistic V2, it is in 'vogue' these days, it might have substituted some of the sounds

Nope, not using anything outside of skymax/RWC and FSGRW.  Mostly a stock install.

It is weird.

Try this, with the plane cold and dark, switch only the crash bar and the battery and, before the aural check is completed, so yet quiet, switch on the ignition (you should clearly hear the tick-tick-tick), then the Aux Pump and listen for the humming. Also, when you put the propeller in beta (reverse thrust) do you hear the typical noise?

Also, in the X-Plane settings, for the Sound, check if all the sliders are at max

Sound.JPG

19 minutes ago, Marius_B said:

It is weird.

Try this, with the plane cold and dark, switch only the crash bar and the battery and, before the aural check is completed, so yet quiet, switch on the ignition (you should clearly hear the tick-tick-tick), then the Aux Pump and listen for the humming. Also, when you put the propeller in beta (reverse thrust) do you hear the typical noise?

Also, in the X-Plane settings, for the Sound, check if all the sliders are at max

Sound.JPG

I do hear the tick tick of the ignition.

So funny story - the fuse was popped....I pushed it in and the sound has returned...lol!