Strange Blue/Grey Circle at Night

FunkyTown

Hi there!

I just installed Skymaxx Pro and did a testflight with it.

I encounterd a problem of a "glowing blue/grey circle" on the ground.

I attached you a Screenshot where you can see it.

1304295257_a319-2020-05-1022_01_07.thumb.png.b1c1bb9765f32cab9d7ee595f6d54f5a.png

I tried to play with the settings but couldn't solve it.

I was also thinking of a problem with a Lua Script and tried to sort them out. But this also don't seem to resolve the problem.

Thank you for your help!

SkyMaxx Pro has nothing to do with how the ground is drawn. It's possible you're seeing landing lights illuminating the wispy edges of the clouds or something, if  you're sure this only happens with SkyMaxx Pro enabled. Kind of hard to tell from that picture.

19 minutes ago, sundog said:

SkyMaxx Pro has nothing to do with how the ground is drawn. It's possible you're seeing landing lights illuminating the wispy edges of the clouds or something, if  you're sure this only happens with SkyMaxx Pro enabled. Kind of hard to tell from that picture.

It is pretty weird and I did happend after I started using Skymaxx Pro. Befor that I didn't had this bug.

I just quickli loaded up a flight and zoomed way out.

367530731_A320-2020-05-1100_21_50.thumb.png.4b69241c918c0b5f171ea86dee564b25.png

It looks like it has something to do with the haze but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: To this screenshot at my local time (00:30am) and it normaly should be full night.

Edited by FunkyTown

27 minutes ago, FunkyTown said:

Edit: To this screenshot at my local time (00:30am) and it normaly should be full night.

Be aware that SkyMaxx Pro simulates moon position and light. If the moon is providing enough light, you should not expect things to be pitch black.

16 hours ago, Cameron said:

Be aware that SkyMaxx Pro simulates moon position and light. If the moon is providing enough light, you should not expect things to be pitch black.

Noticed already and I love it! Also the illumination of the clouds by the landing lights!

I did a complete frensh installation of X Plane but I still have this strange glowing. It is defenitly the sun that shines trough the ground.

Will have to live with that by now.

20 hours ago, FunkyTown said:

Noticed already and I love it! Also the illumination of the clouds by the landing lights!

I did a complete frensh installation of X Plane but I still have this strange glowing. It is defenitly the sun that shines trough the ground.

Will have to live with that by now.

If you're sure it's not the moon or landing lights or ground fog, you might want to file this as a bug with Laminar so they can look into it. It might be something our plugin somehow triggers, but we don't draw the ground - they do.