Initial Impressions, Purchased Yesterday

apechmann

HI Everyone,

Very excited, I purchased the Pocket Rocket yesterday (Hey Mike Patey!) and I've been doing some test flights. Actually I had the intention of doing a world tour in the aircraft. I'm not certain I will be using the airplane for that purpose, now that I've done some flying in it.

Generally, I love the performance of the a/c, but there are a few things bothering me.

• Firstly, the interior looks great, but it's TOO DARK for me!
  • Synthetic Vision is AWESOME, but why doesn't it always work?
  • As mentioned in other posts, Taildragger is unmanageable on the ground for me. How about a "real/simple" switch, so I can continue using my Logitech 3D Pro comfortably in a "Simple" mode? 

Thanks to everyone for their hard work, I don't want to be "that" guy, and maybe I'm missing something buried in a read-me somewhere, but I hoped for a bit more for a 40+ Euro payware aircraft :-(

Stay healthy everyone!

dark.png

sv.png

rnwy1.png

rnwy2.png

Hi!

Regarding the interior brightness, I would recommend checking your monitor's gamma setting, our graphics are tuned on calibrated monitors, appearances can be different on different monitors. You can also try turning on the cabin light, which should brighten stuff up a bit as well.

Regarding SVS, I have forwarded this on to the SVS developer, not quite sure what is going on there, something seems up with the mesh parsing possibly. 

Regarding tail wheel handling. We are constrained by LR on the ground handling characteristics. There isn't an X-Plane setting to put the plane in an easy mode. Keeping the engine in Beta and being on top of the toe brakes is the most important thing for handling - the plane is a beast! We also include the retract tricycle variant for this reason, which has much easier ground handling. 

• Like 1