BN2 Islander problem

Yorkshire

Bought the new Islander and installed yesterday. Discovered that the switches don't move though do make a sound. I can't find out how to bring up the manager to load passengers and make visible. Thought it might be an issue with Vulkan b4 so installed into XP1141. Exactly same issues. Thought it might be a bad download so redownloaded and re-installed, same issues. Seen it working OK on Luna's world quick flight so not sure what is wrong on my system. There doesn't apper to any basic documentation on procedures. Any advice suggestions please.

6 hours ago, Yorkshire said:

Bought the new Islander and installed yesterday. Discovered that the switches don't move though do make a sound. I can't find out how to bring up the manager to load passengers and make visible. Thought it might be an issue with Vulkan b4 so installed into XP1141. Exactly same issues. Thought it might be a bad download so redownloaded and re-installed, same issues. Seen it working OK on Luna's world quick flight so not sure what is wrong on my system. There doesn't apper to any basic documentation on procedures. Any advice suggestions please.

This sounds like our plugin isn't loading, can you share your log.txt file so we can diagnose?

35 minutes ago, Coop said:

This sounds like our plugin isn't loading, can you share your log.txt file so we can diagnose?

Thanks for the response. Have attached log file from my Vulkan b4 version. As a matter of interest I described the issue on Luna's World UTube on this aircraft and someone else came up with the same issue - so I am not alone! would be grateful if you could trace the problem.

Thanks

Log.txt

@Yorkshire It could be 1 of two things:

1. The xgs landing speed plugin is installed, only the newest version seems to not prevent our plugin from loading, so please make sure you are on the latest version of that
  2. If that doesn't work, try removing xgs entirely and see if that isolates the issue
  3. If those don't, it could be a missing Visual C++ redistributable (less likely) https://torquesim.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/topic/b6d622a0-61d2-4ce0-9ccb-205f4b5ecbc1/article/128188431 has instructions to get the latest version

Thank you very much indeed, you have solved it - you were right with No1. As soon as I deleted xgs it worked as intended. It's not something I need so will not bother with it! Glad its sorted because I really like what the team has produced so looking forward to flying it now. It might be an idea to flag this up as an issue somewhere. I will let the other person on the Utube channel know that it has now been resolved for me.

Again, thanks for the quick responses that have resolved it - very satisfied.

Yorkshire

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...