[SOLVED] CRJ-200 installed then x-plane crashed

Are the contents of the plugins folder supposed to stay with the aircraft or be installed in the plugins folder. I also had to move the british airways folder into the liveries folder. For now I moved the contents of the plugins folder from the CRJ aircraft folder to the plugins folder. I can't check it out till later tonight, but if that does not work I will move them back.

Ive tried them both ways same result im still crashing. the plugins for vascore and CRJ200 avionics show up in the plugin admin in sim but still i crash from dataref errors. I have it on my PC and my 2 friends on a mac have the same issues.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X-Plane crashes on pressing of 2LK button Airport on FMS - via tutorial - this has happened twice now

Updating Airport-nav_lin.xpl fixed this problem for me. There is version 1.1.3 of the plugin that is not causing XPlane to crash. Try updating it.

Kind regards,

Kamil

As far as I can see until now, the EADT x737 plugin is the culprit.

I cannot tell why until now, but for now make sure that you

-don't have NEITHER the CRJ NOR the x737 plugin installed system-wide.

The 737 plugin is an aircraft plugin . If you have it installed system-wide (in Resources/plugins), you either have an old version or your x737 installation is WRONG.

-The CRJ plugin is also an aircraft-plugin. If you installed it system-wide, than you made an ERROR. By NO MEANS copy the CRJAvionics plugin to Resources/plugins. It will crash.

-As long as both plugins are correctly installed per-aircraft plugins, make sure (for now) that you don't load x737 and CRJ in the same sim session:

If you have loaded the x737, stop and restart X-Plane before loading the CRJ,

if you have loaded the CRJ, stop and restart X-Plane before loading the x737.

Philipp

I need more information on that.

Telling me it was "KERN PROTECTION error" is like going to the repair shop and saying "my car drives weird, please fix".

I need the full crash report that is opened when you click "report" and the crash_log.txt from X-Plane.

Philipp

EDIT: Thank you. Now this is something I can start with.

1. Your X-Plane log shows a LOT of scenery errors. I'm not sure this has anything to do with the CRJ, but it might cause a memory leak in the future. So consider yourself warned, you have a scenery installation with missing resources in your X-Plane.

2. Can you tell me the Airport where the error occurs? Is it doing the the tutorial flight, or are you doing another flight?

Please post the flightplan here.

Philipp

I had a CTD after about 15 mins of just flying about and occurred after hitting the area over the comms panel in 3d pit with mouse.

Was first flight, hope it doesn't recurr. Will let you know.

i7 920, GTX 570 Win 7 x64.

EDIT - it was instant, once second the window was open, the next x-plane had gone and wasn't running.

Thik the aircraft is lovely from my small time with it.

My sim just crashed after only 3 minutes of running the CRJ. I made sure all the folders looked like Japos in the post on top of the forum. Here are the log and crash text if anyone has any idea y this keeps happening im all ears. Been trying to get it to work for about 4 hrs lol. The only plugins inside my plugins folder are xsquakbox and xacars.

crash_log.txt

Log.txt

Hi Philipp,

The scenery install errors are well known to me. :D I'm not even at that airport so no worries there. I am sitting on the ramp in CYUL, I have not even made a flight plan yet, but when I do it will be CYUL DCT YUL DCT YJN DCT YXY DCT CETTY FUNDY6 CYHZ. The crash occurs after I type CYUL and go to enter it into the LK2? where you type in the airport code to start the INS.

My sim just crashed after only 3 minutes of running the CRJ. I made sure all the folders looked like Japos in the post on top of the forum. Here are the log and crash text if anyone has any idea y this keeps happening im all ears. Been trying to get it to work for about 4 hrs lol. The only plugins inside my plugins folder are xsquakbox and xacars.

Mutestyles, you have an installation error. The logfile says the CRJ can't load ANY navdata and the crash_log shows a crash in a routine that IS NOT part of the CRJ.

Please uninstall the CRJ and remove all modifications you made by hand (copying things around).

Then make a clean install and tell me the contents of the folders

Resources/plugins/vascore

and

Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics

Philipp

Well i guess i have found my root of all evil. I totally forgot to take out a plugin XPUIPC which i use to run an acars system for a virtual airline. So far so good without it in. I reinstalled to correct the other install problems. But as of now that was the culprit. So i shall do a test flight to be sure. But i guess XPUIPC will have to be added to the crash list

I'm getting a constant crash, every time I try to load up the CRJ. log attached

Your logfile shows vascore doesn't load.

Perhaps this is an installer bug.

Can you confirm that under

Resources/plugins/vascore

there are win.xpl, mac.xpl, lin.xpl, QtCore4.dll and the liblinux folder?

If it is not there, reinstallation might solve the problem.