[SOLVED] Main Generator Always Reads Low Amps

qausbah

After starting the TBM900 and once it's time to switch the main generator on the amps are always too low, around 60 or so then they begin to drop to around 40 or even lower.  I have reinstalled the plane, replaced the main generator (even though it shows it's new) , but none of that fixed it.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by skiselkov

Inside the FlywithLUA Scripts (enabled) folder is many folders for the B738, which I believe is the Zibo Mod B737.  But, as far as the actual .LUA files they include:  QNH helper, Passenger'sFXV5 - American Edition, and one for XP Realistic Pro.

Edited by qausbah

Ok, last resort.  Remove all plugins, except Gizmo, and reload.  There is definitely something happening on your end, whether it's user error or a rogue script or plugin.  Saso is afk at the moment, but in cases like this, the best course of action is to check a bare installation of the add on without plugins installed.  Then add the plugins 1 at a time until the problem returns.  

Completely remove them.  Disabling them still loads them.

Also, if it was working yesterday, unless something has changed in your installation between yesterday and today, then it definitely sounds like a maintenance issue/random failure brought on by wear and tear.

(Sorry for the delays in replying.  Trying to manage support and helping my daughter with her homework.)

If your maintenance manager shows all green, then it's likely user error.  There IS a bug in the standby generator, which has the symptoms you're describing, but you did mention it's your main gen.  So this one is a bit of a mystery.  Wait for Saso to respond, and we'll take it from there.  

Err I will maybe say a huge BS, but....

Isn't it normal the amps decrease ?

I'm not very good when it comes to physics, but, as far as I understand it :

Batt Amps : Level of power introduced in the battery to reload it

Gen Amps : Charge on the generator

Batt Volt : Battery level

If you started using GPU, your battery has not been used. So it is normal, when disconnecting your GPU, Amps are low, because there is no need to recharge it.

If you started on battery, your battery has been affected, especially by the start.

So voltage will be low, and Amps will be high, cause :

- the battery will be receiving lot of power to get recharged

- the generator will need to produce lot of power to recharge the battery

After a few seconds / minutes, battery will be reloaded, so amps will decrease.

If I remember correctly, main generator load needs to be below 80 to test Stby gen, and below 50 for takeoff.

If a generator does not kick in correctly, you can reset it via the little buttons on the left side of the main switches.

Correct me if I'm wrong on something.