Vulkan what?

donoscar

Dear Sundog Team,

As many other flight sim enthusiasts, I have watched some Laminar presentations on youtube, and the most recent one on FlightSimCon 2017 had some interesting road-map insights where Ben mentioned some potential trouble with certain plug-ins if they don't jump on the train rapidly. I don't even doubt you have already made some inroads on that subject. 

Can you share with us mortals what this Star Trek stuff is going to do as wonders? Do you rather expect headaches or better weather for us cloud fans?

I wouldn't expect any benefits directly arising from Vulkan and Metal as far as SkyMaxx Pro goes. It may result in slightly better performance, but it doesn't open up any exciting new possibilities in terms of features. 

We will need to pretty much completely rewrite SkyMaxx Pro to support Vulkan, and again to support Metal. The objective is simply to maintain compatibility as X-Plane transitions to these new technologies.

• Upvote 1