Virtual Racing Challenge

Ben Russell

This video only "works" if you know the track intimately.

*mutters*

Somewhere in section 6.. you've just finished the warp speed main straight, buried the brakes, very hard right in 3rd gear, then full speed down into the valley before blasting up over the hill into a blind left:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pTrjoHoZ4M

Beautiful Indi! You da man. I reckoned u could get it sub 900 considering I spent 30 seconds stationary in my first attempt!

You'll crack the 9 mark :) ...... it just takes obsessive practice and knowing the flow of the corners, the 'ring is about faith... blind faith. *laughs*

Yes, more vids to come. Just tried the humble Sprinter Trueno, its better than I remember with the improved physics, crazy vid coming. Stock @ 128 hp,  then blown to 228 with no grip improvements

Did some laps in the Trueno...... it's fun, but I just don't quite get it. I prefer a Miata or an S2000. :D

"I prefer a Miata or an S2000."  - The whole point about the Trueno is it's so bad, it's good. Horrible styling, poverty pack, but good basic rear wheel drive. In GT1, it was the only real option to buy if you wanted to start well. So it just holds fond memories for me. Wait till you see what I've done to it.

Beautiful bunny hops by the way. Planned I'm sure...

"Stop lookin at me"

post-985-131369595554_thumb.jpg

That video is hilarious Simon. Love the way it's pegged on the rear bump stops and just .... silly.

Makes me chuckle.

I took the Trueno for a few laps around Laguna today, I think I need a good set of pedals and a wheel to enjoy that car.

It's definitely a fantastic car that can draw out your skills at sane speeds. Trying to drive it through a game pad trigger is inanity though.

Got out the WRX again which tends to favour the gearbox and dynamic-flicks more than fine throttle control.

Tsukuba: 1:04.726  ...flakey little circuit, so hard to find the fast line.

I was resisting posting here for too long  ;D I've purchased PS 2 only for one game (Snake Eater) and ended with a couple of others, Gran Turismo 4 among them. I was playing it for a year and still I'm somewhere halfway career mode, challenges and time trials. Talk about good value per $, as most of the nowaday games can be beaten in one weekend no sweat. After price of PS 3 drops to a more affordable level, I'm going to get it just for Guns of the Patriots and GT5. But for now, my GT4 times ;P

Arcade mode, nothing in car was tuned nor changed (especially power and weight were left at default), full manual mode - manual gears, no traction control of any kind. I'm playing on default PS2 pad with vibrations on.

Same conditions as above.

post-1467-131369595593_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369595601_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369595609_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369595676_thumb.jpg

Indi, that's a bunny hop that didnt go well?! Damn, a sneeze at the wrong time.  Nice n dusty..

Hmm, maybe within a yr, when I've completed GT5, I'll be able to pick up a Forza 4/360 pack for under $200- I hear it'll be a 500mb HD option ;D

Jeeze, can't believe they're selling 4gig versions. My kettle has more storage..

One day I'll crack 8 minutes around the ring...... one day...

Nice work. ;) ... In any car.

Yeah, after posting screens I've found, that both cars were stronger, than yours. So I took WRX STi 2004 and lowered horsepower, while increasing weight to match yours (299bhp & 3321lb). Tsukuba time rised to 1:04,641 and Nordschleife to 8:16,250. The only way to further improve that would be to change gear ratios ;)

• 1 year later...