GPS Question

rodreid

The only X-Plane gps I have been able to program an airport into is on the king air B200  but I can't find a flight director switch to turn on the auto pilot to lock onto it.I really like the scenery on x-plane but must say I am getting pretty frustrated with trying to master the navigation.  I did a lot of fltsiming with ms versions up to 98 and have to say they were much easier to learn.  I really miss the GPS2 that was available as an add on and worked in every plane, easily!  Too bad there wasn't something usable like that for x-plane. Where can I find instructions for the king air gps, what model is it?

thanks for any help,

rod

Rod,

Are we talking about the default King Air that comes with XP?

In general, a lot of aircraft will have a source selector, like the default King Air that comes with X-Plane.

To answer your question, the GPS in the default King Air is actually a simplified FMC...not fully realistic, but it "works."

Here's what to do:

1. Enter your waypoints as needed

2. Change your selected source to GPS (see red box on left of picture below)

3. Take-off and intercept the path of your route. After take-off you can push the "LOC" button (see red box on right of picture below)

This is a quick and dirty without using up too much time to explain. Hope this helps some!

post-261-131369593886_thumb.png

Thanks for your earlier help Cameron,

How do you go about inputting an airport using the citys name instead of the airport identifier?

I am ok with it as long as the city name is one word only.  How do you put  spaces in between a two word name such as Prince Rupert, Fort Nelson etc?

rod

Thanks for your earlier help Cameron,

How do you go about inputting an airport using the citys name instead of the airport identifier?

I am ok with it as long as the city name is one word only.  How do you put  spaces in between a two word name such as Prince Rupert, Fort Nelson etc?

rod

You can only use the identifier. Either type the name into the location selector to get the code or Google for it.