SMP3, Trackir, and stutters

FlyBaby

I wish I had a better answer for you, but this is a limitation of X-Plane's SDK that we can't do anything about yet. We have to pick a draw order between our clouds and things like rotor blades, and either choice results in issues like this - just different issues.

Helicopter models that don't use transparency in the rotor blades won't have this issue, although I believe most do.

3 hours ago, sundog said:

I wish I had a better answer for you, but this is a limitation of X-Plane's SDK that we can't do anything about yet. We have to pick a draw order between our clouds and things like rotor blades, and either choice results in issues like this - just different issues.

Helicopter models that don't use transparency in the rotor blades won't have this issue, although I believe most do.

I am not so much concerned about the blade colors as I am about the conflict with Track IR when I look up while flying (banked forward) and the view freezes, I just thought two issues might be related.

Is SMP not compatible with Track IR in certain scenarios?

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

I am not so much concerned about the blade colors as I am about the conflict with Track IR when I look up while flying (banked forward) and the view freezes, I just thought two issues might be related.

Is SMP not compatible with Track IR in certain scenarios?

I have TrackIR myself and have never encountered something like this. We also have many customers who use it. I'm willing to bet this issue is not our own, but something going on at your end. Rendering settings, or something amiss. I couldn't tell you for sure. What I do know is we'd have a ton of kicking and screaming people if this were really something happening between the two products.