MCP reset?

dornier

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to reset the MCP?  Right now, if I select cold and dark or turn around, the MCP displays .0 for airspeed, 096 for heading, and 3000 for altitude upon power up with a ground cart or APU.  Is this normal behavior?  I didn't notice this with 1.0.5.

Thanks,

George

In version 1.0.5 it uses the values found in the preference file, any reason why it would have to be hardcoded in the future?

Generally speaking, I have a "master" IXEG prefs file which I like to copy before each X-Plane start so that my flights start in the same configuration (heading, course, altitude, speed, com & nav frequencies, volume levels), and having these values ignored kind of defeats the purpose of having preference fields for them in the first place :(

I agree that having that stuff preset is cool and saves time - but this ends for me where the functionality of the real plane is different. If you always get a certain value on powerup (like the DH, for example), then you should also do so on our model. I know we can get in the old argument again about what is more convenient for the user. But you know where I stand on that. ;).

Jan