Beech T34c

Oliver

Here's a little video of the T34, I don't like the video a lot but I whipped it up quickly for those of you who don't own the T34 in hopes to convince you to buy the amazing aircraft! The night lighting is beyond describable and it really is one of the most advanced planes for XP! Enjoy!

PS I did forget the birdstrike feature, but oh well! You guys know what it looks like! I'll remember to include it in my next video  :(

Thanks Oliver, but you are getting good too, like your gauge panning  ;D

You're right, I succumbed, am sucking up a 2 minute quickie at this minute, but need to be sure of copyright for the muzac.

Sweet Mother of God this plane is good. I stumbled on some atmospheric effects in my first filming session, you'll see it. The possibilities for the raindrops are endless. And i haven't even gotten to the exterior yet.

Anyone hesitating, don't. Ha, Mooney, shmooney, my 180 Youtube subscribers are about to go spakko (Australian for, 'rather excited').

wow!...

well I woun't say that the video is not good (well you said you didn't like too much the video) The cameras are good.. but what it happens to me is that the music goes one way.. and the video goes other. I think the video should always "dance" (go) with the music.. Follow the rithm of it. Of course that is more difficult than take some shots mount the video and then just put the music we like most!...

what I always do is first think of what music I like.. and then record thinking of tham music... feeling the shock on my back because the music.. Sometimes I have it others not.

For example on my last video of the Mentor I had a clear idea that it should be low motion shots, because the music is like too much heroic one. But I wanted to fly up on one of the shots.. and that time for me is like a shocking on my back (don't know how to say into english.. In spanish I would say "ponerme la piel de gallina" (chicken skin) "ponerme los pelos como escarpias" (hair like spikes) or "ponerseme... ..... ejem...." not translation.. hahahahahahah.

• 3 weeks later...

I might get smited for asking this, but oh well. As you can see, I'm not a pilot and I haven't taken any lessons............yet. Does anybody have any tips for keeping the plane straight during and right after takeoff. The torque from the engines makes me roll to the side after takeoff causing me to almost hit the left wing on the runway. Do I need to set my trim before takeoff to what I thing it will be, or do I need to work on handling skills. Like I said; I'm not a real pilot yet.

I might get smited for asking this, but oh well. As you can see, I'm not a pilot and I haven't taken any lessons............yet. Does anybody have any tips for keeping the plane straight during and right after takeoff. The torque from the engines makes me roll to the side after takeoff causing me to almost hit the left wing on the runway. Do I need to set my trim before takeoff to what I thing it will be, or do I need to work on handling skills. Like I said; I'm not a real pilot yet.

When I started flying, I was looking at the instruments more to keep flying straight and level.  Using rudder and yoke excessively.  The flight instructor told me, "Forget about the instruments when you're flying VFR.  Find a point on the horizon and use that as your reference point." 

If the engine torque is pushing the plane over, use the horizon.  If the horizon is tilting, use gentle opposite pressure on the yoke. It can be a pain sometimes, but for aircraft without autopilot, you have to work harder.  I know while I was learning the Sundowner, I was resting my hand on the side of the yoke just enough to counteract the torque.  This is why it's best to use a yoke for x plane rather than a joystick.

You won't get smitted, I'm happy to share tips when I have some, and I'm happy to receive tips when I need them  :)

basically during takeoff the first thing you learn in a real lesson (also applies in X-Plane) is you use rudder to keept straight during the start of the takeoff, when you start picking up speed use the yoke to maneuver left and right, during flight you use both yoke and pedals in unison.

This explains it more clearly, http://www.ehow.com/how_2217055_make-turn-airplane.html same problem I have in class, I know how to do something but I suck at trying to explain how to do it  ;D And on commercial aircrafts, at least most big ones ie 747,777 etc they use what's called a tiller which is basically a steering wheel for the nose gear, and on most big Acfs like A380,777,747 the rear wheels turn slightly in unison with the nosegears. Again I suck at explaining it so I'm sorry, but if anyone else wants to explain it more clearly?  :D

You need to set trim before takeoff as well, and set it to joystick commands (if you have a joystick) because you should use trim all throughout your flight except when flying on Autopilot.

Hope this helps

Use right rudder (hope you have pedals) for the takeoff roll & initial climb to stay on the runway heading. After picking up airspeed, the rudder trim should be enough to keep the plane straight at cruise speeds. If a wing dips after takeoff, then pick it up with aileron (yoke/stick). Actually, I don't know what kind of rudder trim a T34C has.  Choices are in-flight adjustable trims, fixed trim tabs, offset vertical stabilizers, or a combination of.

LA

Real Mentor's POH calls for +4 (nose up) pitch trim and zero (neutral) trim for both ailerons and rudder at takeoff. You have to manually maintain direction of flight during takoff run and the first phase of climb. After you're high enough and have the situation more or less organised, you should trim for a climb. The plane has adjustable, in flight from cockpit, trim tabs on all three axis.

Another tip is not to takeoff with full throttle. This is a turbine engine, which was derated from like 715hp to 425hp sea level, so for takeoff you have only 59% of "full" power available. Observe torque gauge and don't exceed the limits. This 59% is more than enough to take the bird into air even from short fields, at max gross. Real Mentor has a torque limiter, so the students doesn't have problems with excesive propeller forces at takeoff. Or engine disintegration due to over-whatever-limit :)

Thanks guys. It helped!!! I noticed that the heading indicator isn't moving. I'm on a Mac Snow Leopard with 9.60RC2

You mean the one directly under attitude indicator? It has to be turned ON in order to work. Look on the right console, there is a panel labelled --------AVIONICS-------- (with 4 switches and a yellow light). The right-most switch is clickable and it turns heading indicator ON/OFF. It's labelled RMI on top.

I understand what you are saying Lis but I think its most likely to be "the x-plane dataref bug". Sometimes or around once every month for me I get this problem when for example the right engine starter doesn't work and my left one does or my nose gear doesn't move. Every time its something different and can be put right by restarting the sim. My understanding is that I'm not the only person who has had this problem. I hope it gets fixed in V10  :;)