UV mapping bug? + advice needed

ONDR4.cz

The first plugged window on the right side seems to take color from somewhere else down the fuselage. When I remove the logo on the left(!) side, the windows turns blue. I've noticed this on the official liveries, as well. The second problem is the engine cowling, there is a white gap between the nacelle ring and the cowling (official liveries don't have this problem but all user created ones I've seen do).

There are also a few things I can't figure out. First, is it possible to (re)move the warning stickers on the engine cowling? In the paintkit that was no problem but there is another layer of them that isn't part of the paintkit so I ended up having them twice. I need to remove some of them and move them down a bit so that they don't get in a way of the logo (it's like that on the real aircraft as well). Lastly, can you point me to where the turbulators(?) near the fin are located in the paintkit? I need them painted blue.

Thank you.

uv_mapping.JPG

cowling.JPG

thorns.JPG

Edited by ONDR4.cz

The stickers are on B733_glass_decals.png and B733_decals.png

Copy them from the aircraft's root objects folder to your livery folder, and edit as you like.

The window thing is probably that this one is mapped over the wrong window "hole" on the UV. My advice? Turn on the UV layer, and create a new layer and paint a colored dot on each window hole on the left side, and you'll find which one it is. After that, just cut your logo right on that window, and luckly it'll be blue.

The engine nacelle is a little error on the texture. The paint-able part is missing one tiny bit that is near the metallic intake. You can find it on the texture's right bottom.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I figured that if you take the INLET layer and move it 0.35 cm to the right it's spot on.

And it is the 2nd window on the left side that's causing the problem. Cutting it pixel by pixel is real a pain so hopefully they'll fix it one day.

Edited by ONDR4.cz
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I figured that if you take the INLET layer and move it 0.35 cm to the right it's spot on.

And it is the 2nd window on the left side that's causing the problem. Cutting it pixel by pixel is real a pain so hopefully they'll fix it one day.

Make the window shape an extra layer in your paint kit, then use it to mask whatever is under it - no more recutting it!

5 hours ago, ONDR4.cz said:

Oh boy, I'm giving up. I painted the exact shape of the left window but it still doesn't cover the whole window on the ride side. The problem is that if I make it any bigger it will start showing on the left side.

OK I agree, this is 100% an error on IXEG's part, the UV map is misaligned compared to the window it is taken from! 

@Morten @Litjan One for the bug tracker ;)

Got it! Problem with the "blocked" window is Tom placed the map a bit in front.  You can see it on the Jet2 right side -> red window.. doh

Engines uses now DECALLS for all the "placards" so don't use the layer with painted placards on the engine paintkit.  Very recent change we did, that I forgot to remove

Edited by Morten

@Morten You still might want to keep the painted placards in the paintkit, though (maybe hide them by default). In rare cases like mine (see the 2nd picture) the decals get in the way of some elements on the livery and there is no way to move them around so the only option is to cut them away from the B733_glass_decals.png (unlike the painted ones where I can simply do "Layer Via Cut" and reposition them as needed). I lose a bit of fidelity as a trade-off but it still looks way better than having 4 decals covering the logo.