SilverLining breaking X-Hangar DHC6

kaosfere

I'm having an interesting issue.  Last night I bought X-Hangar's Twin Otter, and ran in to issues with the cockpit not showing up properly.  After dorking around with my plugins today, I've determined that it's directly related to the presence of the SilverLining plugin.  With only that plugin removed from my installation everything works.  With ONLY that plugin in my installation, the plane's broken.

I've attached a screenshot of each situation, along with logs both with and without SilverLining loaded, but I see zero in the way of substantive difference between them.  Any ideas?  I've not run into this with any other aircraft.

On edit:  After poking at a few of the default aircraft, I noticed this problem also happens with the C130, although only in 3D cockpit mode -- 2D is fine.  With the DHC6, neither works.  But this might give you a readily available aircraft to test with.

post-7732-0-99206300-1391128353_thumb.pn

post-7732-0-28223700-1391128382_thumb.pn

Log With SilverLining.txt

Log Without SilverLining.txt

Edited by kaosfere

Another possibility is that the plane is making some invalid assumptions about the OpenGL rendering state prior to drawing the cockpit. I'd recommend taking this up with X-Hangar as well if you haven't already, as it's probably something they can work around on their end, assuming it's reproducible.

I tried doing a resave in PlaneMaker last night, but to no effect. 

It's really interesting that Panman wasn't able to duplicate it.  I suppose it could be something odd with my video drivers... I'm using a 6970 with the latest Catalyst drivers.  (Going to be upgrading to a 770 when I get my bonus next month).

Panman, do you have a version from X-Hangar direct, or the .org store?  Are you using 64 bit on Windows?

Edited by kaosfere

I tried doing a resave in PlaneMaker last night, but to no effect. 

It's really interesting that Panman wasn't able to duplicate it.  I suppose it could be something odd with my video drivers... I'm using a 6970 with the latest Catalyst drivers.  (Going to be upgrading to a 770 when I get my bonus next month).

Panman, do you have a version from X-Hangar direct, or the .org store?  Are you using 64 bit on Windows?

I knew that was a shot in the dark, thanks for giving it a go :) 

It is possible you have an older version, but I am not familiar with his aircraft and how he handles updates, you may want to contact him or the org to find out......