Winter

SwissCyul

Hello all,

i have a question! Is it possible to have snow in your scenery without simple season plugin? I really want snow because i live in Canada and half of the year we only see snow. I have tried simple season but it doesn't work for me. I have a Macbook Pro with X plane 10. Are the developers thinking about seasons in X plane? 

Thanks for you help!!!

WinterWorld works in V9.7:

http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/topic/6762-winter-world-25-for-xp-96/

Looks like he's still working on WinterWorld 10:

http://forums.xplanefreeware.net/topic/10943-xpfw-scenery-and-x-plane-10/

For now, Simple Season is your best option for V10, but take a look here:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/4873-wintermaxx/?hl=urbanmaxx

Alright thank you.

I got Simple Season to work but i don't really like the snow and there are some bugs. And there are places that are not filled with snow. So i guess i will be just waiting and hoping that there will be something better.

But thanks for your effort  :)

Erik, up until this winter I would not have agreed with you, as snow seemed to be something that we were seeing less and less of (I'm about 250nm West of you in North Bay, Ontario).

All that changed for sure - snow from October to April, and lots of it.

Although I still fly a lot in V9.7 (Winterworld being one of the many reasons), I too have installed Simple Seasons by She Pooley. There were some bugs but a patch was released a couple of months ago.

Although this doesn't change the textures, if you're not partial to them, it does make it work well.

It may be a race to see if WinterWorld 10 or Global Warming change our land first :P

Where I am from in MN just this past Thursday we had snow storm that dropped 18 inches of the white stuff on May 3 & 4, record breaking event

and I was glad we missed it by about 30 miles. Turns out we had already made plans to getaway for the weekend with my wife in Owattona,MN

Just so happened to be ground zero for the storm. They still had over a 12 inches on the ground when we arrived Saturday morning.  Been one

of the snowiest Springs ever here.  Now Severe weather season begins.  The joys of having seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would a simple thing like seasonal textures not be included?  In the short time I've used X-plane I thought I was looking at the future of flight sim, but the x-plane team still has some major development work to do, to make x-plane a "complete" simulation.

Edited by AWACS