CRJ-200 livery requests - Post here!

flyinhawaiian

I need some guidance from experienced painters. I did my first X-Plane paint and I really don't like it...

I cannot get the colors to look right in my plane. The reds look like pinks! and then the doors template looks darker than the rest of the templates...

Help please

Awesome! Someone is making American Eagle! Try uploading a picture of the real plane into your photo editing software (Photoshop, Gimp,etc.) Use the dropper tool (at least in photoshop) to match the color of it. Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Perry, I looked the official EGF colors. Red 240 5 30, Blue 23 50 121, and Grey 129 129 129. When I apply them to the paintkit, they look Ok, but then when used in the plane, the red looks pink, specially the American Eagle lettering, and, as I mentioned before, the doors are way darker. 

I think I will disable the bright layer and see the results as the doors do not have a bright layer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey there everyone! So good thing I started out with no hair, put myself through the learning curve and pulled off an OK repaint for the CRJ! I now know something about Gimp and PlaneMaker!

I live in Canada and NAV Canada has 2 CRJ-200's for Flight Inspection service...

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15262

Many thanks to the original developers, what a super awesome plane!

Hope you enjoy the repaint!

OD1 :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...