Suggestions

Jjohnson241

Hi,

I have a few suggestions to make a good plane a great plane in XP11:

1) Implement an AutoStart function that would ready the plane for taxi/flight. This could be a tab on the pop out left-side menus or simply honor the XP11 "start with engines running" option in the aircraft selection-customize menu. Yes, it would lower the "immersive" factor but would aid greatly those who just want to jump in and fly the aircraft VFR.

2) Implement a Check List accessible as a left hand menu option. 

3) Implement mouse over labels for cockpit manipulators and controls. This would assist greatly in navigating the cockpit controls during marginal light and shadow conditions. 

Thanks

Hello,

I also got a small suggestion please. This one is about throttle and reverse controls. I wonder if it would be possible to separate these into 2 axes (perhaps as an option?) - positive range would be controlled by throttle axis, beta/reverse range would be controlled by reverse axis. It would work on the same pickup principle like it already does when the physical axis goes into reverse range without lifting the beta lock a pickup indication appears on the right - this should prevent any conflicting inputs. In normal operation (throttle down, reverse up, and vice versa) it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

My reason for asking this is that I, like many people, use saitek quandrant which is not that great really, but it's the only consumer grade throttle quadrant we got before we get into the expensive stuff like Goflight, etc. The thing is that as it is now it cuts our already low-res noisy axis into a half which makes the throttle quite twitchy and super sensitive to any adjustments. Controlling the throttle with precision is a real challenge on this setup. I reckon that allowing us to use separate axis for each range should help a lot as we'd have double the usable travel distance for each range than we got now.

Also while I'm at it :) please in future add further commands to the plane. Ideally there should be 3 commands per each control element in cockpit - on,off,toggle. For 3 position switches it would be nice to get a command for each position. For buttons simple push command. I ask this because I'd like to create and share with others a map for XSaitekPanels but currently many controls only have toggle commands which do not work very well with physical ON/OFF switches for example (yes it works but if you leave the physical switch in opposite position it operates in reverse). Also it would be nice to publish any usable datarefs the plane might provide. I tried accessing (read-only) some I found with DataRefEditor (''tbm900/lights/ap/ap'' for example) but xplane instantly froze when I tried that so I guess that is not the correct way. Some documentation of that for cockpit builders would be nice.

Thanks.

BTW: Great job on this plane! It is really something I haven't yet seen in Xplane. The first evening when I bought it I was messing around with it and I was blown away that you guys even modelled the fuses, and they work too! Amazing! :)

Edited by lanmancz
typos

On 10/22/2018 at 8:34 PM, Goran_M said:

For your 3rd point, if you're thinking about "tooltips" they're already implemented.  Make sure you have them enabled in the "View" menu.

I can't find "Tool Tips" in the View menu. There are two menu items that deal with labeling and click regions. The "Display Click Regions" will highlight the clickable zones in the cockpit. This option works in the TBM900.

The second option is "Display Instrument Descriptions".  I suspect this is the option that you were suggesting. However, this option is not working in the TBM900. Further, if the option is intended to display all instrument descriptions it is not the options that would accommodate my suggestion. I simply want to see the description of an instrument or control, switch, etc., when I mouse over, e.g., hover, over the item in the cockpit.

• 2 weeks later...