ATR 72-500

atgcab

Kris, what would you say? ATR 72-500 or Dash 8 Q400?

Why do you keep replying to very old posts? In my opinion, the Dash. The ATR's developers say it all. "Eyecandy Simmin". All eyecandy, second to no systems. Also, you know all those promised liveries? The only way to get them is through EPort, and they don't have all of them. After McPhat promised so many free paints, they closed their freeware section, and kept it that way for 6 months while they "transferred" to a new site. Unless you want the eyecandy, no updates, no good liveries, then get the ATR. If you want something worth $35, get the Dash...

Edit- Even though the freeware site is up, they still don't have the ATR liveries. In fact, this should be in the rant section... In fact, if you want an amazing turboprop regional, X-Aviation has the best selection of the best planes. The J32 and the MU-2 may be a bit smaller than the Dash or the ATR, but they are MUCH better. (I have all 4). If you want something a bit bigger, try the An-24, or wait for the LES Saab.

Edited by BWolf7
  • Upvote 2

Definitely the Dash!

I flew the ATR a few times and then removed it. Regarding the eye candy, I don't even think it excelled in that area tbh, even though that was their claim to fame  ... its on par with many other X-Plane payware planes and in some case even below par!

• Upvote 1

I personally enjoy the ATR. After spending a lot of time flying fully simulated heavies from cold & dark with complicated procedures it's great fun to get a quick flight in.

Also, all promised liveries are now online + update to be released within the next few weeks!

Liveries: http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?view=list&slug=atr-72-500&option=com_docman&layout=table&Itemid=667

• Upvote 1

I personally enjoy the ATR. After spending a lot of time flying fully simulated heavies from cold & dark with complicated procedures it's great fun to get a quick flight in.

Also, all promised liveries are now online + update to be released within the next few weeks!

Liveries: http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?view=list&slug=atr-72-500&option=com_docman&layout=table&Itemid=667

I agree with this assessment.  I really enjoy the ATR.  It's definitely a kick the tires, light the fires kind of plane, but it flies well, and it looks good to boot. I use it to "relax" a bit, great when you only have a short time but want to get a flight in.  Know what you are buying before you buy it, but that shouldn't be hard since McPhat makes no false promises in the advertisement of this plane.

• 11 months later...